Do you need to shock with food too?

ian

Do you need to shock with food too?

ie if you eat the same things day after day, does your body become used to it and begin to lose some of the benefits???

I only ask because this is the case with muscles (ie shocking them to encourage growth) and wondered whether it was the same with other processes.

I have been eating the same eggs, tuna and chicken for years now, and havnt changed my protein shake in five years. Out of 6-7 meals a day, 5 are probably the same every day.

Ian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ian @ April 09 2005,9:05)]Do you need to shock with food too?
No.

But, variety is the spice of life. ;) Eating the same thing all the time does get BORING and leads, in some people, to binge eating. Plus think of all the great foods that are healthy and just waiting to be eaten, should you deny them their wish, well my friend, I THINK NOT, foods have feelings to ya know.
blush.gif

I remember reading something about reducing kcals for like a couple days and then bulking up again. Something about the sudden re-increase (I know thats not a proper word) in food shocks the body into storing it or something. Didnt quite sound right but worth investigating.

A&H ive heard of that, cant remember the exact like yourself, theres carb depletion before a comp and carb variation, duno how useful the second is.

Now weve established that variety is good, but not a definite, just a question about the protein....

When do you guys change products???
Ive been having reflex products coz someone said it was great when I first started BBing properly. When I think about it, it was probably someone ina shop just tryna befriend us 2 buy their most profit effective product.

Also, I bought a load of meal replacements last week (coz my mate was working at the shop+I got it on the extra cheap). It looks and tastes good, but when I have it I make a good few trips to the bathroom, if you know what I mean. Il keep buyn it tho if its that cheap.

Im not bound to any particular brand, its become habit to buym now, question is how do you know when to change?

I know people that swear to certain products and praise it endlessly to the point you start thinking 'a shake cant be that good'. Theyve probably just hada good sales person convincem like me!

Feel free to slag the products off, btw!

I've actually ordered some reflex creatine. Its the creapure stuff which is supposed to be one of the purest (the dont put loads of other crap in there).

I'm also taking N-Large2 as a gainer...and yes....visits to the laboratory 3 times a day
laugh.gif
Personally I've never liked the taste of most gainers (I only ever have choc) but others love them.

AFAIK, Progain and Prolab are pretty good products. I guess just look at the label and make sure they have decent stuff. Alot of the high kcal gainers (like 2000kcals per serving) either have servings WAY too large to have all at once or load up on fats to get the extra kcals.

Theres another post further back (a few days) which I think Totentaz mentions making his own "bar" from mixing ingredients. You can definately buy all the separates and DIY it - could even save u a load of cash!

I would say the creapure is good, coz its just creatine and its quite cheap too. I nana know about the instant whey I keep buyn tho.

+ the original quezy, how do you know if and when you need to change product?

I rekon this 'you can tell if its working' attitudes a bit dodgy, theres that many different variables in BBing and it takes that long to see real gains that its very diffeicult to see if anything specific is working or not!!

Your body doesn't care where it's basic nutrients come from. As long as you are getting everything your body needs in proper ratios you don't need to change anything. The body needs the same chemicals to function every day on a cellular level.

Back