What do you think?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ June 20 2005,12:26)]However, I am sure you could google something like blood type and diets and find some sources.
I wouldn't waste your time though, there is nothing with any significance out there, it's all pure speculation by the son of the man who started it many years ago to try and get rich off of other peoples lack of taking control of their own life. That's the saddest part of this whole BS.

But on the bright side, you wanna get rich then write a BS book without any credible scientific basis and people will most likely buy it.

I vote for THE BLUE CHEESE DIET BOOK.

Chapter ONE

On the seventh hour of the seventh day
I heard the Doctor Say
EAT MORE BLUE CHEESE, stupid :D
So I ate it and it was GOOOOODDDDDDDDD

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ June 20 2005,2:11)]I vote for THE BLUE CHEESE DIET BOOK.
Chapter ONE
I heard the Doctor Say
Haha, I would buy that book... blue cheese is soooo good.

Holy moley I don't even know where to start. Most of the nutrtional debate has been worked to death, so I'll leave that alone.

I will say that I'm often amazed at how much time and energy people put into finding "the secret" way of eating for optimum health. This uneasy sense of urgency to find a better way. I think it comes from boredom or a lack of variety in our mental/social lives so we obsess about something we can control, like food.

ANYWAY, my opinion, since you asked, is that it will always come back to basics, coupled with the fact that EVERY single person is different. So, regarding the metabolic type thing, it's a nice idea, but the fact is that even within a type there is still so much variation, so many millions of minute genetic (ok, AND environmental) possibilities, that it will still work for some and not for others...just like everything else.

I'm Buddhist, but I like the expression to "eat things the way God made them". Of course, God (if you believe in that) didn't make things cooked, so that'll have to be a personal call, but the general idea is (to coin my own expression) to f**k with your food as little as possible and figure out through sometimes painful trial and error what works best for your own body and mind.

Sorry, I know this isn't very inflammatory and some of you are bored and would like to have another online Springer Moment, but Old and Grey told me to come over and join in so I did.
tounge.gif

Tell Ted Nugent I said hi!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ June 20 2005,2:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ June 20 2005,12:26)]However, I am sure you could google something like blood type and diets and find some sources.
I wouldn't waste your time though, there is nothing with any significance out there, it's all pure speculation by the son of the man who started it many years ago to try and get rich off of other peoples lack of taking control of their own life. That's the saddest part of this whole BS.
But on the bright side, you wanna get rich then write a BS book without any credible scientific basis and people will most likely buy it.
I vote for THE BLUE CHEESE DIET BOOK.
Chapter ONE
I heard the Doctor Say
I tried this for a while 6-8 months about 2 years ago and it basically did nothing. The doctor that came up with the blood type diet could never back anything up scientifically; major problem with his peers. Pertaining to the rest of this thread, not sure how long Nutrigenomics has been discussed and reviewed out there but I am following it with interest but know there is still a long way to go. I think type casting diets are interesting and just that but this one is not really a diet, I believe it has the science world interested. From what i read I believe they said it would probably only change 30% of the population and that most are doing well with the changes they are doing.

http://nutrigenomics.ucdavis.edu/index.htm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ June 20 2005,12:10)]"If it's red in the middle, it's cooked too little"  I thought we learned these things when we were kids, but I guess this guy forgot.
For you maybe. If it doesn't charge when I wave my napkin at it, it's overcooked.

It can still be red or pink in the middle as long as it reaches a high enough internal temperature. Beef, for instance, should usually be cooked to at least 155 degrees F.

This guy will probably end up killing one of his kids if he ever has any and tries to make them eat this way. Ecoli 0157 is a real danger. Adults can handle the disease usually, but children, if they survive, will likely be on kidney dialysis for the rest of their lives after a brush with this illness. It's not something to mess around with. And considering that 90% of all foodborne illness occurs at home, I don't recommend anyone to try it themselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ June 21 2005,3:25)]It can still be red or pink in the middle as long as it reaches a high enough internal temperature.  Beef, for instance, should usually be cooked to at least 155 degrees F.
This guy will probably end up killing one of his kids if he ever has any and tries to make them eat this way.  Ecoli 0157 is a real danger.  Adults can handle the disease usually, but children, if they survive, will likely be on kidney dialysis for the rest of their lives after a brush with this illness.  It's not something to mess around with.  And considering that 90% of all foodborne illness occurs at home, I don't recommend anyone to try it themselves.
Does this mean I can't run down a gazelle and eat it right there anymore?
sad.gif

You can, but your tummy may not like you. ;) Ever had food poisoning? No fun at all, stuff coming out of both ends...at the same time!
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dood @ June 22 2005,9:16)]You can, but your tummy may not like you.  ;)  Ever had food poisoning?  No fun at all, stuff coming out of both ends...at the same time!
crazy.gif
Yeah, I've been there. It was actually interesting because other than one night where I drank way too much, it was the only time in my life I've puked. Other than when I was an infant I'm sure. I seem to have a cast iron stomach. Can handle pretty much anything without too much effect.

I'm staying out of the whole diet argument. As far as I can tell - meat = good, fruits/veggies = good, most grains = good (barring food allergy - gluten allergies suck). Anything else = edible, and the body can use it, but you may feel like crap.

The whole organic debate? Last time I checked, e. coli is "organic" but I don't wanna eat it ;)

This is familiar:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When asked about ... his workout regime and more importantly, the ... workout regimes of the bodybuilders that came before him, he responded by saying that often they would do full body workouts on a daily basis....

Sounds like what Dan and Vicious have been saying!

Back