bulk 1 week  cut 1 week.........

i've never tried it but, i don' think it's a very good idea. it's best just to stick gaining muscle or losing fat.

if your concerned about gaining fat alternate between bulk and cut cycles. so you end up cutting for 1 cycle and bulking for the next.

Personally i bulk for 3 cycles, and cut for 1. works very well.

Or just bulk slowly. Slower bulks result in slower gains, but less fat typically. Maybe in the long run it will equal the gains that you see in people like me or onemorerep who bulk for several cycles and then cut for a cycle, maybe not. I can't say for sure. But remember that bodybuilding is about the long term, so if you slow bulk, it may take you three years to get to the wait you want to be at, but at least you'll still be lean.

Besides, cutting really sucks.

I'm still searching for the 'holy grail' of bodybuilding as well.

Only thing i wonder is which way is faster? Bulking to maxamize muscle gain (of course fat will be gained as well) then cutting when the time comes, or just a slower bulk with minimum fat gain. With the slow bulk, you could cut every once in a while for probably a couple weeks and be satisfied.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ July 17 2005,2:12)]I'm still searching for the 'holy grail' of bodybuilding as well.
Only thing i wonder is which way is faster?  Bulking to maxamize muscle gain (of course fat will be gained as well) then cutting when the time comes, or just a slower bulk with minimum fat gain.  With the slow bulk, you could cut every once in a while for probably a couple weeks and be satisfied.
I wonder this myself... i think it really depends on the person to...

Personally i'm going to be aiming to put on 1 lb a week when i start bulking again.

i'll bulk for probably 3 cycles, and hopefuly i'll have gained a good 20 lbs... (over an 7-8 month period.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Only thing i wonder is which way is faster?  Bulking to maxamize muscle gain (of course fat will be gained as well) then cutting when the time comes, or just a slower bulk with minimum fat gain.  With the slow bulk, you could cut every once in a while for probably a couple weeks and be satisfied.
whatever you prefer over the longer time
for most people I think it is bulking and cutting over the slow one
but
there is always but ...
(I hate to diet for 5 straight months)

Back