Marinating chicken and beef?

Techo

Hi all,

I usually try to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen preparing my food... Lately, however, I have discovered spices, herbs, and various ways to improve the taste of my meals. While calories are difficult to estimate when adding extra flavoring it's nice to be able to make varriations and prove that healthy eating can be very tasty.

Do any of you marinade your meats? I put some chicking thigh - just the meat - in some chicken sauce last night to maridnate for tonights supper. Wel'll see howthat goes. Do any of you have suggestions for marinades? Any low calorie or healthy ones by chance?

I live off of spices, and hot sauces. Currently my faviorite hot sauce is Franks Red Hot sauce which goes great on chicked or anything else in the kitchen. As for marinades use olive oil, various vinegars, and herbs. Just throw what ever type of herbs you like in add some viniger and olive oil and your set. This way it is healthy and you don't have to worry about lots of extra cals coming from the marinade. The olive oil will give you lots of cals but it is good for you so who cares.

If you are really pedantic, you could just weigh the meat/fish before and after marinating it and calculate how much marinade it has absorbed. I think the amount is negligible.

I regularly marinate meat and fish with whatever the recipe call for (teriyaki, olive oil + herbs, japanese vinegar etc). I just go to Food Network Canada and choose a appetizing recipe :)

A really good beef marinade, I learned from a friend. Soy Sauce, Worcheshire, and tabasco. It is a little higher in sodium, but it takes great and doesnt add fat.

With beef I just put Lea and Perrins and some montreal steak seasoning. It's great.

For chicken a little bit of olive oil and all the spices I can find :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reven @ Mar. 10 2004,3:04)]Currently my faviorite hot sauce is Franks Red Hot sauce which goes great on chicked or anything else in the kitchen.
Franks... YUUUUUUMMMMMMMM

Franks rocks!

Back