Easy and Simple Meals...

Sphinx

I want to start a thread of good and wholesome meals that are cheap, easy and convient. Something that we could make in the morning or the night before and toss in a glad-ware container and have at work or school. (I have read the recipe thread, but Im talking something mass quick and easy :))
We all know the basics...but what are all of ya'lls staple meals? I can live off of chicken stir fry with rice and MRPs...but Ill also dress up a Tuna/Hamburger helper out of convience.
Im tired of Rice a Roni and meat (wayy to salty)...and brown rice and chicken....What do you guys have that you eat day in and day out? Lets spice it up! LOL
Sphinx

I wouldn't say this is spicing it up but you can't go wrong with a tuna melt on an english muffin. Just take it out of the can put some mayo on it, toast the english muffins, slap some cheese on it and melt it in the microwave. Very simple.
Joe G

I haven't read the recipe thread but what I like to do is for when I'm driving long trips I stop at the convenience store and the beef jerky with no fat and it has 20grams of protein per serving.  While I'm there I'll get some packets of salted peanuts or trail mix too.  Both of these things are non-perishable so you can keep them in your glove compartment or book bag.  They also don't smell, so you won't have stinky tuna breath like Joe G.(lol)
wow.gif

thehamma

recently i have been doing the following:

canned chicken, wheat couscous (made with udo's oil), salsa

mix it in a bowl and you have a high protein, good carb, good fat meal that tastes great and takes 5 mins to make.

My freezer's always stuffed with boneless, skinless chicken breast, which I buy a lot of when it goes on sale for $1.99 per pound. Recently I've been chopping it up into bite-sized chunks, letting it sit in a simple marinade (olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, chopped garlic), sticking it on bamboo skewers, and grilling or broiling it. If you do several at once, you've got a few good clean protein-rich meals with relatively little effort, and it's danged good, too.

I also like to have a bowl of tuna fish on hand, or some ground-beef-based chili. Or I'll whip up a bunch of big hamburger patties (ground beef, s & p, minced onion and garlic, and maybe a coupla tablespoons of dijon mustard) and wrap 'em up for future grilling. Prepping this stuff in advance makes life a whoooole lot simpler. I actually feel kind of uneasy if I don't have some already-prepped protein available in the fridge.

Here's some meals i've been eating lately. Some quicker than others.

Breakfast
6 eggs
fruit
2 cups milk
veggies

Lunch
2 cans tuna
fruit
2 cups milk
veggies

Dinner
1lb beef
fruit
2 cups milk
veggies

Don't ask why i'm eating in this manner, just felt like doing it.

250 g of Quark
Some white soy meal (about 30-40g)
Crushed pineapple

Plenty of slow proteins and dang good
tounge.gif

I think i eat quark about 2 kg per week :D

I got tired of eating six times or more a day, so now I eat three. Breakfast and dinner, while not as healthy as they could be, net me 1900 calories, roughly.

2 lean sirloin burger patties, 2 hamburger buns, 4 slices of cheese, lettuce/tomato/onions thrown on for flavor, 2 glasses of whole milk, and two servings of ruffles chips. Yes, it's not the best way to get calories, but being eighteen gives me a lot of leeway. I doubt I have to worry much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Sep. 14 2005,1:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Sep. 13 2005,2:54)]What is quark? Sorry, I'm swedish...  :)
Regards,
/ R
I think it`s kvark
Some kind of sour milk - like yoghurt? Do you eat it or drink it? I don't know if we have it in Sweden, or what it's called here, but it's seems to have a nice nutritional composition.

Regards,
/ R

I pretty sure that you can find it in Sweden. Go to the derry products and find the packet that reads Kvarg :)

It`s not yogurt, it`s much more texturized and you have to eat it with a spoon. I add pineapple to it because the plain kvarg is just too sour. This is the number one food among gym rats :D

No i dont think so....

Weren`t you german Totentanz? If so, you should know products from Ehrmann? They at least have quark....

I like light tuna with a can of Three-bean salad added.
Along with the standard low fat mayo,relish,boiled egg, and a dash of spicy mustard.
Make sure you drain and wash the Three-bean salad. If not it will all taste to pickled.
If you use one can of tuna then only use a half a can or less of the Three-bean salad .

Thanks
Sonny

A standard lunch for me:

Can of salmon, cup of broccoli. Pop in the micro for a couple minutes. Top with olive oil & balsamic vinegar.

I've been eating about 500grms of quark per day (but not everyday) recently. Mix it with dry fruit.
Very filling but I was wondering about what aminos it contains exactly.

Found these articles on the net, thought I'd share:

Quark info 1

Quark info 2

Quark you very much.
Finishing out the day, the last meal of the night will be CC over spinach greens with strawberry vinagrette dressing or CC with crushed pinapple (just a little)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">CC over spinach greens with strawberry vinagrette dressing or CC with crushed pinapple</div>

Corn Chips with spinach
rock.gif

Back