Ultimate Diet 2.0

I realize this thread is a little old, but...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]my perhaps flawed understanding is that in the absence of glucose, the brain needs ketones for fuel, and the muscles need free fatty acids. is this not right?
Not right, no. The brain (and CNS in general) requires glucose.
Ketones are produced in the liver as a sort of side effect of overwhelming the aerobic cycle ("TCA") during gluconeogenesis. (Some, but not all, of the brain's metabolism can run off ketones, but it needs glucose.)

I just ordered the book, cause I was curious about this information. Anybody know if the exercises used in the book are based on GYM equipment or can you get away with home gym equipment. I have a squat rack (power cage), dip bars, pull up bar, olympic bar (300 lbs. worth of weights), preacher curl bar and a straight(short) olympic bar. All this stuff works great with HST, cause I'm currently only doing the "big four" exercises, but will it work with UD 2.0? I hope I just didn't blow twenty bucks for nothing, cause there ain't any gyms around where I live.

I'm confused. Will the diet work with HST or not?

Also, on a side note, I hear a lot about Dan Duchaine and Lyle Mcdonald, does anyone have a link or something so I can get some background info on these guys or a bio or something?

thehamma

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Senorx @ Oct. 19 2005,9:29)]I just ordered the book, cause I was curious about this information. Anybody know if the exercises used in the book are based on GYM equipment or can you get away with home gym equipment. I have a squat rack (power cage), dip bars, pull up bar, olympic bar (300 lbs. worth of weights), preacher curl bar and a straight(short) olympic bar. All this stuff works great with HST, cause I'm currently only doing the "big four" exercises, but will it work with UD 2.0? I hope I just didn't blow twenty bucks for nothing, cause there ain't any gyms around where I live.
I think you'll be able to make it work, one way or another. But if you end up trying to do high rep sets with either squats or deadlifts (which you might be forced to do, as a result of lack of equipment), then I salute you for your bravery.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thehamma @ Oct. 19 2005,7:43)]I'm confused. Will the diet work with HST or not?
There have been threads here about how to combine the two, but IMO they really just don't go together. One thing about The Ultimate Diet 2.0 is that the training is tailored specifically to the diet. Mess with either the training or the diet, such as by trying to make it work with HST, and you're not really doing UD 2.0 anymore.

How have you like the training in UD2, as far as results, and how do you think it compares with HST?

thanks,
thehamma

They have different purposes. UD2.0 is geared toward body recomposition. HST toward hypertrophy. Ideally, I would use a UD2.0 cycle or two during cutting phases maybe interspered with some HST cycles, but I wouldn't try to blend them.

Back