The Golden Era of Bodybuilding

chiefhog

I have, for many years now, had a real interest in the Golden Era of BB. I enjoy the history of Muscle Beach and Gold's Gym in the 1960's and 70's. The movie Pumping Iron motivates the hell out of me still. I watch it at least once a year.

Anyhoo, bearing this in mind, I ran across a great book on this era at the local bookstore. It is called "West Coast Bodybuilding: The Golden Years." Wow! What a great read. It is written by Dave Draper an Dick Tyler.

You can literally see how the modern bodybuilding culture is directly linked to those days, including training techniques and "knowledge." For one thing, the lifters of the early 60's all followed full-body routines,3 days a week. They worked out for like 2-3 hours, though! Can you imagine?

Just thought I'd toss the book out there in case anyone was interested.

If you liked the book - you'll love this site

www.sandowplus.co.uk

Esp. Ed jubinville
worship.gif

I've been a member of Ironage.us since it's first couple months of being up. Now we get some of the ironagers to post there and everything. Interviews with Padilla, Grant, and the likes. Some real good stuff over there.

That's odd. This post is also in the General Training forum. I did'nt post twice. That ever happen here before?

Back