The importance of eating

Calkid

I'm posting this so that you all might learn from my mistake. This being my third cycle, I thought I was a pro at the whole bulking thing. Apparently I thought wrong. Now, halfway through my 5's and with no measurable gain in any bodyparts except my a$$ and calves, I'm cursing myself for not being more diligent with my diet. I have no idea how much weight I'm up. I fluctuate between 161 and 165, when I only started this cycle at 160. ARGH!

Anyway, I started fitday again and I'm tracking my calories. What do you guys think I should do?
1) Overeat like a maniac and try to salvage some gains from this cycle.
2) Screw the eating and cut fat for spring break.

I'm upset at myself and I vowed never again to make this mistake.

-Calkid

If you do HST to look good, cut fat for Spring Break.

Besides, maybe your calves needed it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you do HST to look good, cut fat for Spring Break.

...Oh yeah. I do.
tounge.gif

Alrighty then! It's cuttin' time. I'm thinking that I'll go low carb-ish. That actually an idea I see all the DC-ites doing that seems to work well. I'll still track macronutrient ratios, etc on fitday. I guess my plan is only to eat until I'm full, and no carbs in the evening. LOL, I've never actually cut before. Does this plan sound okay?

I'll take before pictures soon.

-Calkid

Can you say... "cardio"??!
laugh.gif

Relax - spring break chicks dig lovehandles...

Seriously, sounds like watching the cals (and overall carbs & fat) will help, but you may need to get some cardio going if you aren't already. I assume you plan to eat around maintenance or slightly below?

Good luck with it - I'm with ya. I'm doing the Gut-B-Gone plan prior to a Caribbean cruise in 2.5 weeks. Fat's vanishing a little too slowly for my preference, but seem to be hanging on to the (little) muscle I have, so that's good.

Hang in there!

hey cal, if i remember from your pictures and some of your previous posts here and elsewhere, you're relatively more akin to an "ecto". hope you don't take any offense at my saying that.
tounge.gif
just mho that i think you'll benefit more from gradually increasing your calories. track them and your macros on fitday of course, cuz you definitely don't want to go overboard, esp. as the summer gets closer.

LOL! I'll be the first to admit I'm an ecto. I was staying at a solid 145 for most of high school. Are you saying you think I should continue bulking?

-Calkid

mate from the photos i saw of you i dont think you need to worry about cutting, there were'nt an ounce of fat on you! I reckon you should up the intake on the calories front, just my humble opinion!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Calkid @ Mar. 04 2003,1:28)]I'm posting this so that you all might learn from my mistake. This being my third cycle, I thought I was a pro at the whole bulking thing. Apparently I thought wrong. Now, halfway through my 5's and with no measurable gain in any bodyparts except my a$$ and calves, I'm cursing myself for not being more diligent with my diet. I have no idea how much weight I'm up. I fluctuate between 161 and 165, when I only started this cycle at 160. ARGH!
Anyway, I started fitday again and I'm tracking my calories. What do you guys think I should do?
1) Overeat like a maniac and try to salvage some gains from this cycle.
2) Screw the eating and cut fat for spring break.
I'm upset at myself and I vowed never again to make this mistake.
-Calkid
I know that feeling. It's amazing how many calories a fullbody workout takes... I am also back at counting calories for this cycle...

Btw. I have great success cutting for the first 3 weeks of HST, and then eat to gain for the rest of the cycle.

You ectos have it easy ;)
I WISH I was having trouble putting weight on!!

Me too! Anything more than two and a half calories above starvation, and I'm gaining! It's not so bad now that I'm on HRT (I've never gained muscle while sitting idle and reading for school before), but...I'd love to be able to have pizza and beer without looking like the blimp the day after (mostly bloating, but I can gain 5-6kg *fat* in a month)

Back