Shoulder Pain

kasey

3rd week in first cycle. Excellent progress mild right shoulder pain after last set of bench 205 for 10 reps easy. Drug free 42 205 510
15 % BF . USED 1000MG NAPROSYN ASPRIN AND DMSO. Should I lay off now or Back off, normaly I bench first. Really happy with the program clear progress but what should i do I have had various levels of progress thur 20 years but dont want to injure now. Also any info on deep tissue massage affecting hst? Thanks kasey

Possibly a problem with your rotator cuff - unbalanced strength in the muscles. Maybe you slept on it badly?

You could do dips instead of bench, or alter the angel (decline uses very little shoulders I believe).

Hi Kasey! I'm new to HST, but not weight training and definitely not shoulder problems! I have a slight mechanical instability that will cause impingment. As a matter of fact, I let the low level pain I felt in one shoulder go too long and developed a frozen joint. Not a very pleasant experience! Since then, I've learned not to let even a little discomfort go unattended.
A few things I've found that help:
1. Ice as soon as I can after I note the 'twinge'. Usually no more than 10 minutes at a time.
2. Apply topical 'aspirin' (Sportscreme in my case).
3. Very light side laterals seem to make this magically go away. It seems to be the movement itself that helps rather than the amount of weight. Usually I use just enough to know there is some weight there. I only do these when I feel discomfort in my shoulders.
You may have something different causing your issue, but even so, #1 and #2 might help alleviate some discomfort.
Hope this is helpful!
Anthony

Ok thanks for the info, Heres waht i Decided, 9 days SD, replace BP w/ Declines, nix militarys, nix incline flys, go w/ weigthed dips, 3grams Naprosyn ed, dmso several times, topical asprin, reg asprin. So next week looks like
Decline
Dips
Cubans press see Tmag
Side-Lying Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
Side-Lying Dumbbell External Rotation
Deadlift
Bentrows
pulldowns
Squat
leg ext
leg curl
curls
abs

I used to sleep with my arm over my head, everytime I did a pain would come back into that shoulder. Not when lifting hard but when doing little things like shifting gears or reaching forward.
I'm very careful now about how I sleep and the pain hasn't come back.
For what it's worth.

if it persists i would try
a:slowing your reps down a little especially near the base of the movement
b:warm your shoulders up really well it worked for me.
good luck.

20 fish oil caps a day in divided doses mightn't go astray...glucosamine >~ 3gms a day......

Back