suplements?

EddieTO

Hey guys. Planning to start seriously into HST-HSN next week. Wondering how do i get dextrose and maltodextrin. I have read here about using those for pre and post workout meals. Or is it that I should use certain suplements that contain those? if so, which ones???...
Cheers
Ed

I bought a pound of each from www.proteinfactory.com
i forget exactly how much but it was something like 5 bucks a pound or something. its nice you can flavor it if you feel like it. Mine has just a hint of fruit punch. Its nice to add to vanilla protein, but even when you add it to primer/driver (chocolate) it still tastes good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EddieTO @ Sep. 23 2003,5:14)]Hey guys. Planning to start seriously into HST-HSN next week. Wondering how do i get dextrose and maltodextrin. I have read here about using those for pre and post workout meals. Or is it that I should use certain suplements that contain those? if so, which ones???...
Cheers
Ed
I get my dextrose at the local chemist store. Its called Glucon-D (or something like that).
If im not mistaken, dextrose is the same as glucose-monohydrate.

Thanks Bro... another quick question. How do you feel about protein bars before working out???... I know it is important to keep levels of sugar down before working out. Bars are just more practical to carry around, but i am not sure how they will boost sugar.

Is there a specific reason why a pre w/o shake isnt an option? If you make it with primer (or any whey protein) and water, it can sit out in your car until you get to your gym, as opposed to milk, which could spoil. thats also assuming you dont work out at home. Anyways, if you do choose to get bars, thats ok just pick one of those low carb ones. They usually have sugar alcohols that dont affect your blood sugar levels.

I hear ya. So whey plus water would do eh?... what about the maltodextrin (carbs?) some people talk about here for pre-wrkout shake?

Whey in water can go off too

Protein bars could be useful, but eat one a reasonable time before the gym (~1hr or so), so amino concentration is higher.

so, I did find dextrose...now i am not sure how much to use cause there is not info in the pack... anyone :confused:
Thanks guys
Ed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EddieTO @ Sep. 25 2003,1:57)]so, I did find dextrose...now i am not sure how much to use cause there is not info in the pack... anyone :confused:
Thanks guys
Ed
depends on your weight I think. I use about 5 heaped tsp. but i've heard some people say that 50-60 gms is ideal.

One recommendation is:

Protein: ~.4g per kg of bodyweight
Carb: ~.6 - .8g per kg of bodyweight

This can vary depending on your goals

And yes, that is a decimal (e.g., 0.4g) and not 4g. :D

I drink 30g.whey+30g.maltodextrins pre w/o and 30g.whey+30g.dextrose post w/o (my LBM is approx 60kg.)
I wont never add more carbs in there bcause I really hate to subtract solid cals from meals to add powders in shakes.

Back