Liver and Bowel Cleansing

Louno

Ok i stubbled accross some website talking about cleansing ure body...
apparently everybody has stuff that clog and builds up in ure intestine over the years and sometimes parasite can live there, also most ppl have some gallbladder or liver stones not too big ones but they grow with time and if ure not lucking they get real big and u need to have surgery to remove them...
Apparently our liver/gallbladder and colon are super important to our health, how well u exit toxic stuff, how well nutrients are absorbed(impaired digestion), your level of energy(fatigue), skin problems , headaches, weight , allergies , and more all can be "cured" with a good cleansing... because your body will function more efficiently, especially if you had parasites ( which alot of ppl have and most dont know they have)
so not only does it help prevent future problems, it gives ure body a boost in many different aspect.
there is many ways to do these cleansing some sell pills, some sell packages, u can even do a homemade mix from stuff u buy at the grocery....
Cleansing the colon can take months but it looks worth it, although id be more interested in trying the liver/gallbladder flush before because it takes very little time and seems to give good results...
anyways, here are a few link for those who dont know much about it, but id like to hear from ppl who have tried this or heard of it and that know if it works or not ....
drnatura.com ( they sell a product tho so im skeptical )
curezone.com/cleanse/liver/default.asp ( not selling anything, just info )[http://

Louno

Although I am going to suggest this to you, I don't want you to think I am being funny or silly or even that I am just promoting this because I am one but indulge me.

The seventh day adventists have a excellent detoxification program and you may want to have a check with them just by the by, here's a link:

Adventist detox

Rumbling on, some programs are really good but you can also do this using some very simple natural techniques:

Drink pure water daily - minimum 2 litres per day
Cleanse your colon by using:
1 - Dried prunes
2 - Probiotics regularly

I doubt whether cleaning your colon alone would detox your system and whether your could clean your colon in its entirety
laugh.gif

But detox just by the by, cannot really be done while eating to gain weight as we do here mate! Most of the times and from what I know it is doen in conjunction with a cleansing diet, therefore weight loss, maybe even some mass loss is possible.
tounge.gif

Som maybe when you are on a cutting cycle, then approach it with a vengeance and i ma sure you will benefit from it.

Jester

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Does anyone not associated with the industry endorse the hypothesis and theory?

The rethorical question :D

Most of the info I read on the subject was either medical or health (wellness) related. One thing is what industry are you referring to?

Medical/health etc...

i.e. anyone who may benefit from more peple/you having your bowels flushed out...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ Nov. 22 2005,8:35)]Medical/health etc...
i.e. anyone who may benefit from more peple/you having your bowels flushed out...?
I'm a physiologist and have yet to find (research, etc) any physiological benefit aside from preperation for a colonoscopy.

The concept of "toxins" as used in the "cleansing culture" is not a medical or phsyiological concept unless you are talking about polution such as heavy metals in fish, industrial chemicals in the ater and soil, and pathogenic bacteriotoxins.

Believe me when I say that I am well acquainted with colonoscopy preparation (ulcerative colitis)....so it's from a point of skepticism that I approach this...

...why anyone would choose to go thru the process is hiliarious...seriously......it's awful.

Thanks Bryan

Louno, I agree with Bryan, if you eat your oats, and that simply has been proven to be a real good bowel cleanser and you have you daily c..., the you are doing what you supposed to anyways, so why worry about anything else.

Besides probiotics and other natural type of treatments, the bowel that works daily is healthy and need not be interfered with
laugh.gif

Im not saying that im not healthy, its just that apparently doing does bowel and liver/gallbladder flushes are very good for ure health, many problems that you would think have no apparent link with ure bowel/liver are in fact a consequence of it...

Ive read some experience from people saying that they didnt have any perticular problem before doing it but that they realised how "unhealthy" they were after doing it because they felt better and had more energy, nicer skin, lower allergies etc... They just didnt know they could feel as good...

Searches on google all lead me to think that it can only make you better than u were...
But Im skeptical thats why im asking you guys :)

Louno

Not much either guidance we can give you, mate
tounge.gif

Those of us who bothered to answer this thread seem to have said whatever they could about what they know.

Suggestion, do not do if it is a painful process, do not use medication and/or supplementation to get it right.
butbut.gif

If you seriously want to do it, try the adventists as I had suggested, ethy use water/fruits/etc to get it right, so it all good.

Good luck

You do not need your bowels flushed.

I'm about to have mine done again soon...(Dec 20th) ...for a colonscopy.

You don't feel better afterwards.

You feel lousy during.

And it wrecks your timetable for whatever you're doing.

My skin doesn't improve.

My hayfever doesn't improve.

After not eating for a day my stomach feels crap the next time I expose it to solid food.

DO NOT GET YOUR BOWELS FLUSHED

Back