How do you eat your eggs?

jacobin

How the hell do you eat 6 eggsand not to puke on the second one?
crazy.gif

6 is a lot of eggs to eat , have read a egg white omelte is good as most protein in the whites.
I throw one is my shakes at lunch and now i have some cottage cheese in shake at night - never thought of it till read it on this forum but helps the mushy stuff go down:)

Meats, fish and poultry = 7 grams of protein per ounce
Eggs = 6 grams for a whole egg, 4 grams per egg white
Hard Cheese (formed) = 6-7 grams per ounce
Soft Cheese (cream, spreadable)= 3-4 grams per ounce
Curd cheese (cottage, ricotta) = 7 grams per ¼ cup
Tofu = 5 grams per ounce

its easy if you do it this way. During my bulking stage I was eating 8 egg whites in the morning.

Soft broil your eggs by coddling them.

1) put eggs in pot with water :)
2) bring to a broil
3) shut off flame
4) keep eggs on there for 2 - 5 minutes
5) run eggs over cold water
peel remove yolk and eat. It goes down real easy. :)

I boil 3 large eggs for 4-5 min and just eat em plain - no salt or pepper. Kinda tough but makes cleaning the dishes easier
tounge.gif

I wonder if 3 egg yolks a day is healthy. Anyone know for sure?

Breakfast: omellete, 6 whites, 1-2 yolks.

Post W/O: Protein shake 500ml skim milk, 25g WPI, 4egg whites. 2 bananas, tablespoon honey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([xeno]Julios @ May 13 2004,9:28)]I boil 3 large eggs for 4-5 min and just eat em plain - no salt or pepper. Kinda tough but makes cleaning the dishes easier
tounge.gif

I wonder if 3 egg yolks a day is healthy. Anyone know for sure?
I cant see a reason why not.

ok i've actually read about this before. egg yolk has a LOT of cholesterol. i think i remember reading it was 250-300mg. 1 large egg yolk already meets your maximum limit of cholesterol per day.

so either you only eat 1 large egg with yolk a day, or if u choose to eat more than 1 for the day, the total number of yolks you eat in a week should not exceed 7.

also, i've read a recommendation that you should only have 1 yolk per 3 eggs. anyway eggs are good, specially with tabasco sause (lots of it)

I eats em raw, sunnyside up, scrambled, and soft boiled. I get them from friends that have a flock of chickens, so I know the eggs are of good quality and from happy hens.

They go down the fastest when they are raw. Just schlurp down one at a time.

As for cholesterol, it is a precoursor to all of the steroid hormones. Your body needs cholesterol. I worry more about trans fatty acids.

Paul

Your serum cholesterol levels have a lot more to do with how your gut processes (or not) the cholesterol you *make*than the amount of cholesterol you *eat*. Besides, yolks actually contain a sizable amount of the protein in egg, and, alas, all of the fat, but, they also contain lecithin which is a good thing. Eggs are good stuff, but IMO, all things in moderation is a good mantra for just about any food! Much more problematic is the butter or bacon grease (yes, bacon grease) that some folks fry their eggs in.
Jake

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake @ May 14 2004,9:51)]Much more problematic is the butter or bacon grease (yes, bacon grease) that some folks fry their eggs in.
Disgusting as it sounds, this tastes incredibly good. Also, taking a toasted bagel and dipping it in the bacon grease before it congeals is incredibly good tasting. Further, the congealed bacon grease is better for making cookies and other such things than butter or shortening. At least in that they taste better. None of this is good for you of course, and I don't eat anything like this anymore. But dang, every now and then, it could hardly hurt...

Better n Eggs, like egg beaters, I serving , with ham and cheese folded once, cooked on teflon sans butter. Low
cal and low carb. Oh, and I normally use a fork. Smetimes, if the forks are dirty, I'll use a spoon, Don't use a knife either.

Stretch

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Disgusting as it sounds, this tastes incredibly good.

Oh yeah!!!! :D But man, is it bad for ya! I'm from Philly, which means I was raised on scrapple, fried in, of course, bacon fat. Along with the fried eggs that inevitably accompanied it (and the buttered toast), we're talking about a real artery-pleasing breakfast. We used to save the bacon greas in a cup on the counter, always ready for use. Fortunately, most of this kind of cooking has more or less died away, but during the 1940s-60s, this was really common- a sign of post-Depression affluence, I believe. Give me a bowl of hot oat bran, ground flaxseed, and skim milk anyday!
Jake

Back