Gaining muscle while staying lean

Lance

Some people, like AST and Beverly International, as well as some who aren't companies, claim that you can gain muscle while staying lean if your diet is right.

Bulking up is fun, no doubt. But can you still add muscle while staying lean?

Main reason i'm asking this is b/c i've done some modeling, and still do, and i don't think i'll be doing it anymore if i spend the next several months bulking up. If i could still gain muscle while staying lean, i could still model, which helps money wise, and it's just fun anyways.

Thanks,
Lance

BTW, Beverly International suggest a macro breakdown of 50%fats/20%carbs/30%fats for gaining muscle and losing fat.

Unless you are new to training you're pretty much SOL. Aside from using AAS, it is not likely you will gain any significant amount of muscle without a few pounds of fat, at the very least.

Yes, you can - but...you cannot do so efficiently. To build maximum muscle you need to eat at leas what you need. This number is impossible to guess so you can either overshoot it (and gain some fat) or undershoot and not gain the max amount. Undershooting is inefficient, as you could gain lots of muscle and minimal fat instead and then diet off the excess in a shorter time if you just don't overestimate too much.

Just a thought....

I recently posted my situation and how I plan on achieving my goals. Take a look:
.http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin....2;t=786

This is my plan. Im going so far as to ty and lower BF while increasing LBM. I believe it is possible. Infact, in just two weeks of HST (15's), 40min of cardio 4x a week, and a High caloric intake (above maintenance) I've gained 4lbs and seem to be dropping BF, literally. No AAS invloved.

i've actually gained muscle and lost fat my last 2 hst cycles. i didn't count calories and just tried to estimate as the day went along to come around maintenance. i made sure to take in at least .8 grams per pound of protein. this is probably not the norm though since i am only 21 years old and probably still a little away from approaching my genetic limit.

If you're already fat, it's possible to gain muscle and even loose fat.
If you're not fat at all, it will be hard to gain muscles only.

this cycle, I was trying not to gain too much fat. Result : small gains. But I'm still satisfied. I added maybe 2-3lbs of muscles and a bit of fat.

Now that I know how much calories, I'll just add a little bit every cycle and see. 17 x BW seems to be the best formula for me (which is not very far from the 16 x BW that is suggested).

Back