Buying Fish Oil, help...

Tom Treutlein

http://www23.netrition.com/hfts_ultra_omega3_fish_oil_page.html

I want to buy fish oil. I know it's better from the body oils, rather than the liver. I use Health From The Sun's flaxseed oil from that same website. Their descrip. of the product says:

"Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil is extracted from fresh deep sea cold water fish and is derived from fish body oils, not fish liver oils."

Should I trust this? Does this product look good? I've heard antioxidants and vitamin E should be present to sustain the life of the EPA/DHA in the fish oil, but I don't know how true that is.

I just want to make sure I don't waste my money!
laugh.gif

Health From the Sun is considered a reputable brand in the fish oil world.
thumbs-up.gif

A small amount of vit. E is used to stabilize the fish oil as it oxidizes quickly.

I have some Nature Made Flax and picked some Fish oils from Costco. Does anyone have an opinion on these?
I eat a decent amount of fish, canned tuna and fresh salmon (beni of being in the NW + Costco has awesome deals on various fish)
I need to do more fat research! LOL
Sphinx.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zack @ Dec. 09 2004,6:46)]Why not regular flax oil?
Anyone address this?
Zack
The only practical source of EPA/DHA is fish or fish oil.

There is still controversy over the efficiacy of the conversion of ALA to DHA/EPA in the body and circumstances that might impair such.

Personally, I take about 2.5g of EPA/DHA via 6g of fish oil and also take in about 1.5 tbsp flax oil. I end up with sat/mono/poly fats at about 15g/50g/25g.

Back