Essential Berardi

Fausto

HST Expert
Guys and girls for that matter :D

John Berardi has an incredible free e-bbok on nutrition that I think should be part of any HST'iers collection.

While I wait for Bryan's input on this, I'll post the links John has asked me to put up:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Hi Fausto,

Thanks for the request...I'd be glad to offer permission to re-print these articles on the HST forums. 

Also, I'd appreciate it if in the post of this PDF you could post this information so that people know where they can get ahold of me. 

John M Berardi, PhD, CSCS
Adjunct Professor - University of Texas
President - Science Link Inc, Translating Research Into Results

the Berardi site

The precision nutrition site

Essential Berardi - the e-book

Thanks and I hope the HST readers benefit from it!

JB

lcars

Dan asked me to post it here for whatever reason.

I agree with you, lets have Dan put it where it belongs!

i skimmed some of the e-book. looks like some good info, ill have to print it out and read it.

however, i do disagree with one item already, but i will have to read more before i assert that he is right/wrong. he recommends only eating carbs from vegs and fruits. this seems like an extremely low carb diet. one which i would probably widdle away on without a lot of protein and fat calories to replace them.

skimmed some more and he has some great info that i have been wondering for quite some time. specifically...

is a calorie a calorie and is a carb a carb? i specifrically like how he goes into the differentces of the glycemic index.

Jw

yep, sounds like you need to read more.

John does not give you one, but various diets, the one you are talking about is but one of the many.

But it is really the rest that is of importnace, in fact I like the factthat he gives you some guidance on how to do your own diet so...kudus for that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]is a calorie a calorie and is a carb a carb?

Yep, yep, that is good info. The one that beats me, is teh acid-base story, never tought of that angle, yet it is true, our bodies need to balnace the pH all the time, we just don't realise it!

I've been reading and using his diets for about 6 months now and they are great. I picked up his gourment nutrition book too. Really good recipes in there.

Back