My cutting diet - any suggestions?

mport1

I am 5'5'' and currenly about 143-145 pounds and just recently completed a bulk, starting from 135. I am not sure about my BF%. It is probably somewhere a little over 10-13% (I'm guessing I have about 5-8 pounds to lose). I will not be doing HST during this one month cut.  I will work out 3 times a week and do HIIT 4-5 times a week.  Here is what I'm thinking about doing for my cutting diet:

This meal plan is for the days I'm not working out. HIIT would come after meal 1.

Meal 1: 1 1/2 cups Kashi Go Lean, 2 scoops whey in water, multivitamin and flax seed pill

Meal 2: 2-3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 3: 1 can of tuna fish on a wheat bagel or pita, 1 can of veggies, salad with almonds, 2 scoops of whey in water, flax seed pill

Meal 4: Turkey Sandwich on wheat (plain), then - fat free jello, nuts, or beef jerky if i'm still hungry

Meal 5: 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, veggies

Before Bed: about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, salad with almonds

For a workout day, the only changes would be 1 cup of oatmeal for meal 2, instead of 2-3 egg whites (and the protein shake from meal 1 would be moved to this meal). A PWO-snack with oatmeal would also be added and the protein shake would be moved to PWO.

On Fitday, I calculated about 2,200 calories, 190 carbs, 27 grams of fat, and 295 grams of protein (I'm going to need to bring that down).

Looks great to me. I'm a bigger guy than you, but am currently working around your calorie range, and I wish I could stay as disciplined as that.

If you want help logging all your variations in your diet, use http://www.fitday.com -- when i log in EVERY SINGLE STUPID THING i put in my mouth, it makes a huge difference and I always see where I'm going wrong (stupid carbs usually).

What else do you like to eat? You aren't going to eat the exact same thing every day, are you?

Lately I've been having more non-fat yogurt mixed with some fruit or granola. That Kashi stuff is expensive.

Take a daily multivitamin if you're not already, gotta hit the nutrients your food intake might be missing (i haven't missed a vitamin for 7 years... and have only been sick twice since I started. They really work for me)

Just a suggestion, atleast this is the way i do things ...

When eating with a goal in mind (cutting/bulking) i don't just eat then log it in at the end of the day. I put together a diet before hand, log it into fitday to make sure everything's ideal, and then eat that. For instance, right now i'm SD'ing at ~3000 calories maintenance. I put together a diet on fitday and that's what i'm eating everyday.

Just for fun, happens to be one of the best tasting plans i've ever put together. Big bowl of pasta/sauce/ground turkey. I just eat it for my 3 meals for the day. Olive oil for fat. Taste so good. For my bulk coming up, i'm going to add a cup of milk to each of the 3 meals for about 400 calories over maintenance, and work from there.

Yeah.  I am going to eat the same thing everyday (with a few exceptions every once and awhile like eating out with my friends on weekends).  I just put it on Fitday to gauge where I am at.  

So you eat pasta for 3 meals a day during a cut or am I misunderstanding?  It sounds like a good meal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ Mar. 01 2005,5:20)]Just a suggestion, atleast this is the way i do things ...
When eating with a goal in mind (cutting/bulking) i don't just eat then log it in at the end of the day.  I put together a diet before hand, log it into fitday to make sure everything's ideal, and then eat that.  For instance, right now i'm SD'ing at ~3000 calories maintenance.  I put together a diet on fitday and that's what i'm eating everyday.
Just for fun, happens to be one of the best tasting plans i've ever put together.  Big bowl of pasta/sauce/ground turkey.  I just eat it for my 3 meals for the day.  Olive oil for fat.  Taste so good.  For my bulk coming up, i'm going to add a cup of milk to each of the 3 meals for about 400 calories over maintenance, and work from there.
that is what I am starting to do and it's working well for me

Back