Dextrose and Diabetes?

Dont_quit

Diabetes (Type 2) runs in my family, and so I was wondering...
I'm 5'7", 152lbs

Will pre/post WO dextrose (about 70g total between the two shakes) probably have a long term effect on the development of Type 2 Diabetes?

I know nothing is definitely going to happen, but I was wondering if because it's around workout-time, in which your body's blood sugar levels are low (correct?), the effect of that much dextrose have the same kind of negative effect of drinking a bottle of soda pop/eating 70g of sugar at a normal time of day (not around a workout)

I'm afraid of say, overstimulating my pancreas and wearing it out from having to produce so much insulin

Lastly, is 70g way too much dextrose to begin with? I read on Lyle McDonald's website that a good pre/post workout shake would have a 3 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein, and i take about 25g of protein. Bryan also suggests 0.7-1g of carbs post-wo

thanks! i've had a hard time finding answers with google, pubmed, or forums. maybe i don't know what terms to search for.

Are you active

lean

then its unlikely..

but there is still a genetic involvement in diabetes, so you may be (un)lucky enough to get it inspite of a great diet

Back