Nuts!

Rain

I've incorporated cashews into my diet, as suggested by O&G once upon a thread. However, my wife heard on Oprah :) that when eating nuts, the fats in them may become "bad" after a while. I don't know if there is any truth in this, but it makes me wonder.

I buy my nuts in the local store, by the scoop. I thought that the fat in the nuts would stay intact, "fresh" until I actually ate them. What's your take on this?

Regards,
/ R

Nuts which contain a lot of fats can become rancid it is a fact, but if your supplier has fresh stock you need not worry, I think you would taste the rancidity.

Fats oxidise and then are not good for you! People can get very technical for crying out loud
laugh.gif

It is almost like me being a microbiologist having to think about the quantity of bacteria existent on my meat board when I am cooking
dozingoff.gif
it would simply drive me nuts
crazy.gif
Then I'd probably stop eating bacuse what about the water, and the veggies, ooops the toilet seat etc, yadayadayada
happy.gif

Have you tried brazil nuts, by the way they have the highest EFA content about 100 mg per nut.

Well, nuts are the stuff, I buy them in a Kg bag and go at them frequently, good stuff I'd say!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Oct. 21 2005,11:00)]However, my wife heard on Oprah :)
:D Swedes :D

Dont worry about that! Just take care of your nuts and both of will be happy ;)

:D
Oh boy Oprah. Always out to bust nuts. If it's not ours, some other nuts. dang man-haters. I say, if women want to get some self-esteem, try developing it on their own, not just by trying to make men look like bastard a-hole pigs
crazy.gif

Next someone will say DR. PHIL said training more than twice a week will damage some weird psychological barrier thingamajig or whatever. Or maybe still the nuts.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dont worry about that! Just take care of your nuts and both of you will be happy
Words of wisdom from Tcup. Heed them well, young masters
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jvroig @ Oct. 21 2005,7:59)]Next someone will say DR. PHIL said training more than twice a week will damage some weird psychological barrier thingamajig or whatever. Or maybe still the nuts.
HAHAHAHA
laugh.gif

Actually, according to my wife Dr. Phil said just that. But since I don't have any psychological barriers of any kind I don't worry to much about that... :)

/ R

I must be sounding like a real fart, getting all factual and that
laugh.gif

This has become the most hilarious thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So much for nuts
laugh.gif

Thingamajig ? JV my kids are always using this expression, I had no diea it was international, thought it was local slang, so much fotr this old man?
laugh.gif

Don't worry, Fausto. I started this thread in all sincerity, so trying to keep it factual is appreciated. I don't mind the jokes either, though.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Oprah :) ...but the person that said that the fats in nuts may go bad wasn't Oprah herself, but some expert talking about a lot of different nutrition.

Regards,
/ R

Back