Tastes good..

Tenacious

I know that this will expose me for the head-case that I am, but aren't we all.

I've taken the advice to increase my cals to heart. I immediately upped my daily by 250. Over the weekend I splurged. Two nights in a row, no counting.

I can't remember the last time I did that...maybe since high-school. I felt guilty as hell. I know I can afford the extra calories, in fact it's clear I need them. But, while I was having my way with a pizza Friday night, I just felt out of control.

Somebody here must have experience with this. I need to get my mind around eating more than I need.

Any hints or tricks? I'm just looking to enjoy this a little more.

"So, do you think there's a cup of cheese on this thing or more like a cup and a half?"--I think it was a bit annoying for my wife.

i dont beleive there is a need to count calories if you have a good idea of how much you need to gain/lose weight.

if you need to eat more, then do so. just make sure you have the proper macronutrient breakdown. and dont be afraid to eat more if you arent gaining. (keep in mind you dont want to gain more than a lb a week)

tenacious.
count calories, keep a log, stick to a diet plan AND splurge now and again. all these things will work towards keeping you on track and sane.
uping your cals by 250 a week is a good start and if your keeping a log 2 or 3 meals of pizza while not great will hardly matter if the rest of your week is on the mark.
bottom line nobody is perfectly on there diet plan all the time, wheres the fun and variety, but if your eating right the rest of the time youll be fine. you have a lot more leeway diet-wise if your trying to gain.
it sounds like your simply struggling with the mental aspect of a "bulking diet" after years of watching everything you eat. use those guilty feelings to help you craft a sound healthy mostly clean (gaining) diet that youll stick too and just accept that now and again your going to want/need to have some junk.

You gotta splurge now and then. I agree about counting the calories. I don't count calories totally on the weekends, but I keep strict count during the weekdays. As long as you do well during the week and don't go overboard on the weekends, you should be fine.

And don't feel too bad about the pizza. I had an incident a while ago where I ate an entire large cheese pizza by myself... so, you know, things could be worse for you. Heheh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You gotta splurge now and then. I agree about counting the calories. I don't count calories totally on the weekends, but I keep strict count during the weekdays. As long as you do well during the week and don't go overboard on the weekends, you should be fine.

I do almost exactly as you do Totentanz. I strictly count my calories during the week and let loose on the weekends a tad. We have pizza night every Friday night but I do just try to have a couple pieces. We usually eat out most Saturday nights and that can turn into a pork fest very easily. I try to eat out at a Mexican restaurant when I can too. Can't go wrong with grilled chicken, guacamole (good fat) and beans. :) For all other meals on the weekends I just try to keep them sensible. Portion control and try to include a lean protein, good fat and low glycemic carbs. Although, I like to have a burger and fries every once in a while too.

Keystone

<div>
(Tenacious @ Feb. 13 2006,16:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I know that this will expose me for the head-case that I am, but aren't we all.

I've taken the advice to increase my cals to heart. I immediately upped my daily by 250. Over the weekend I splurged. Two nights in a row, no counting.

I can't remember the last time I did that...maybe since high-school. I felt guilty as hell. I know I can afford the extra calories, in fact it's clear I need them. But, while I was having my way with a pizza Friday night, I just felt out of control.

Somebody here must have experience with this. I need to get my mind around eating more than I need.

Any hints or tricks? I'm just looking to enjoy this a little more.

&quot;So, do you think there's a cup of cheese on this thing or more like a cup and a half?&quot;--I think it was a bit annoying for my wife.</div>
I can relate *especially* after my 1st initial cutting cycle. My body fat was down pretty low and I was quite parinoid about putting any fat back on. I used to obsess over daily calories, but it wasn't until I actually stopped counting and started splurging that I made progress. Sure, some fat came on, but so did more muslce =) I say it was worth it in the end. I leave counting for cutting cycles now - YMMV.

I'd give it some time to adjust. If in fact you do end up consuming too much you'll find out. Once you learn your limits you'll get to the point where u can splurge and know you're still in control. Also, splurging around friends can be a good time as they are either astounded at the sheer volume of food you're suddenly consuming or they find humor in it (not necessarily at your expense either).

Back