cutting and bulking in the same cycle

bigben

it seems to me that the light weight high rep phase of the 15's and possibly the first week of 10's is a good workout regime for cutting diets. Is it adviseable to cut for the first 3 weeks and bulk for the other 5?

Does anyone go below maintainence for part of the cycle and then eat over maintainence for the remainder? I'm interested to hear from people who have tried it this way and the 'conventional' way of having entire cutting or bulking cycles. How well did it work for you? Which method do you prefer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bigben @ July 11 2004,4:40)]it seems to me that the light weight high rep phase of the 15's and possibly the first week of 10's is a good workout regime for cutting diets
Why??

High reps do nothing to get you cut, it's a myth. Cutting is all about diet.

I meant because the intensity would be lower on the lighter weights, which would be easier for those on low carb/low cal diets. (having said that, let me correct myself and note that the second week of 15's can be quite gruelling as you approach RM's).

I read a few posts saying most of their gains came in the 10's and 5's, so I wondered if the 15's might be a good time to diet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EctoSquat @ July 11 2004,10:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bigben @ July 11 2004,4:40)]it seems to me that the light weight high rep phase of the 15's and possibly the first week of 10's is a good workout regime for cutting diets
Why??
High reps do nothing to get you cut, it's a myth. Cutting is all about diet.
Is it sure? High reps produce lactic acid, and lactic acid increases GH, which in turn, burns fat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I read a few posts saying most of their gains came in the 10's and 5's, so I wondered if the 15's might be a good time to diet.
Probably you will ptotect lean muscle mass better in the 10's and 5's while dieting as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mindwraith @ July 14 2004,2:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and cardio
Nope just diet.
Not trying to be a smart-arse, but its all down to calorie deficit. Cardio and diet are just two different ways of accomplishing this.

Weight training, cardio (intensity and volume) and diet composition are ways of manipulating the weight loss in favour of fat rather than muscle.

Back