How much protein do you need to take to stay

Ruhl

I have read that you need at least 0.8g protein per pound of fat free mass in order to grow at your fastest. I have also read that you need protein to prevent injuries from occuring. I would like to know how much protein do you need to take to stay injury free?

Ruhl

I never thought that there was such a close connection, basically the way I see it, you take protein at the right amount 0.8 - 1 g per pound bodyweight and your muscles grow enabling you to progressively take on more weight.

Staying injury free although it may depend on this, it has a lot more to do with proper form, and reasonable regard for safety, also a bit of knowledge of how to warm up properly and how to tweak programmes when the weight gets rather heavy (so come the partials/drop sets/reduction of ROM at very heavy poundages) all to do with keeping things safe at heavy poundages.

Even the pro's like Kleine, know where is the red line, so they stop the poundage at a safety margin!

My take, ther could be others, let's wait and see....
thumbs-up.gif

That relationship is strange for me also . Where did you here this? Perhaps the main idea behind this is that by increasing your muscle mass your muscles are able to provide more support to joints etc...
dozingoff.gif

maybe because if you dont have enough protein there is nothing to repair the muscle...but for injurys i would have thought glucosamine or fish oils for the joints would be better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ectoman @ Aug. 18 2005,9:17)]zero. no amount of protein can prevent injuries.
Except when you`re lying in it. Think about the softness of thousands pounds of protein powder
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]depends on how many 20kg bags you get hit by

HAHAHAHAA, but hoping to end this thread as it led to a bunch of jokes - recommended calcium intake would be better to prevent injury of your bones, but more importantly as Fausto said, it's all about your form and not lifting more than you should
thumbs-up.gif

I've never benched with a shirt, but I've tried to keep good PL form when benching, close to what you suggest, Aaron. I've found the closer to PL 'perfect' form I get, the less the heavy weights hurt my joints. I'm considering getting a shirt to try out training in. I don't compete or anything, I'm just obsessed with lifting as heavy weights as I can. Has your shirtless max bench gone up at all after training with a shirt? Just wondering.

I think I need to work on my elbow/forearm placement on the bottom of the lift.

Back