Chins NG
Rear Delts
Close Grip
Shrugs
Rope Hammers
Calves
Abs

Thoughts?

Great choice of exercises even though it seems like a bit much. Possibly through out iso's like skulls and curls to keep it at 12 exercises as the compounds will be more than enough to work your arms.

take out the isolation exercises and abs, add them later in the cycle if you need them, it isn't necessary to do dips and flat bench in the same workout. Your abs will get worked more than enough by the compound exercises. otherwise, very good.

If you must do this many exercises, doing them in a twice a day split or working out every day is preferable.

are you cutting? if not you either have to eat 4-5K calories or cut back the exercises.

imo you are going to be overtraining (if your natural).

Personally I like only using one compound exercise per bodypart (stretch point optional later on in the cycle) so that would be way too many exercises.

For examply why not just pick one chest exercise and then do as many sets as you feel able if you want higher volume?

As you alternating you don't need to worry about not covering all your bases.

I do a similar thing in terms of alternating deads and sl deads although I do leg press with sl deads and no leg exercise with straight deads as I feel they take care of them (leg press instead of squats to save lower back).

I would take out flat db press and alternate between dips and incline press, keep both sets of rows/chins as you can just do one set with one grip and a second with the other, I wouldn't bother with rear delts as the pulling movements should take care of them.

I would also use overhead extensions rather than close grip as they're a stretch point exercise and put in incline curls instead of one of the db exercises.

Exercise selection is pretty personal though so that's just my view, not meant to be critical.

I also have no idea what GHR stands for?!

Cheers

Rob

I agree with picking one exercise.

I have found that if you stay with one exercise each cycle, and really concentrate on moving more weight every workout, wether its by 1/2 pound or 5 pounds just do more. The gains will come!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jstrick2 @ Jan. 12 2006,3:45)]I am confused.  My choices are 1 to 2 exercises less than the program provided by the HST website itself.
So... the 14 exercise program used as an HST example by Bryan is overtraining?
good choice of exercises..if you can handle that amount then go for it..there is no set amount but most guys on here prefer to concentrate on mostly compounds...if you find it gets to hard then you can drop some exercises no problem..for instance when i get to the 5s i drop all arm isos..or if you have 2 exercises for the same part like chest you could drop one or do one on mon and the other wed..

Revised list....
A:
Squat
GHR (Very light, weightless... more for a slight burn, no rep range)
Dips
Rows WG
Rows NG
Military Press
Rear Delts
Skulls
Shrugs
Incl Curls
Calves(Not done HST method)
Abs(Not done HST method)
B:
Deads
Leg Press
Incl DB
Chins WG
Chins NG
Rear Delts
Close Grip
Shrugs
Rope Hammer
Calves (ND HST meth)
Abs (ND HST meth)
Better?

Now, its essentially 11 exercises a piece

I much prefer that.

Do you mean normal deads or stiff legged deads? Because stiff legged would make sense as you're working quads with the press (so hammies with the deads).

I'd still do one arm extensions instead of close grip.

Still don't know what GHR stands for? And what did the bah comment refer to/means?!

Cheers

Rob

I don't see a problem with overtraining there. How many sets per movement were you planning? You could probably get away with just one set per, maybe bumping it up to two sets in the 10s and 5s.

Edit: stupid typo

Back