Different angles for bench press

the RK

Right now for my bench press i'm doing incline bench. I was going to switch to flat bench press for my next cycle, but I was wondering... since I'm doing 2 sets for bench press, could my first set be incline and my second set be flat?

Thanks

RK

The angle you choose is up to you, if yoou are doing two sets and it does not take you long to adjust the angle for the second set, then why not change?

The difference is that a slighty incline (10 - 15 degrees) is somewhat easier on the shoulder angle, at least that is what I felt.

But really as you increase the incline the more your shoulders get involved, and the upper chest area seems to get more work, but that essentially the difference.

They both hit the nail directly on the head!!!!!

Slight incline is great like they said especially for me b/c I have had a shoulder injury in the past and I can go heavier on a 10 degree incline and shoulder does not hurt as much.

If you are worried about hitting the entire chest dont worry slight incline still hit the pecs hard and if that doesn't make you happy you could always throw in a pec dec or fly.

Joe

My gym is really limited on equipment, so I don't have a way to use a "slight" incline. What's the next best angle?

Back