Setting up my 15RM cycle

I

imported_dunhoonK

Alright so i got all my 15RM->5RM recorded. But I'm a little confused as how light the weight is. My Incline Hammer curl 15RM is 22.5, so spreading that weight in 6 days (2.5lbs increase) would make my starting day 10 lbs...huh??? To test it i did a quick 2 set hammer curl with 10 lbs..too easy! Now does this mean i recorded my 15RM wrong? It certainly didn't feel like I could've added any more poundage to my lift.

Thanks in advance

i think that's fine. if your 15 RM is 22.5 then i'm assuming your 5 RM is maybe 35 or so. you want to use 5% of your 5 RM for increments so 2.5 is good for that exercise. the first couple workouts are always fairly light.

For exercises like that one, I just don't bother doing them until the 10s, that way you don't overlap much on the weights, and you can use sane increments.

However, like ejones said, I also use 2.5 pound increments when necessary. You could repeat weights as well.

So using 22.5, you might spread it out like this:

12 12 17 17 22.5 22.5
or
17 17 20 20 22.5 22.5

o i see now, thanks for the response
happy.gif

i got the same problem. although in my gym there were no 2.5 pound dumbell increments. dumbells there have fixed weight. i just repeated the weight. i started with 10 lbs and felt that it wasn't doing anything to me until i prolong the time of the concentric and the eccentric reps. then it burned real bad.
tounge.gif

dunhoonK,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
To test it i did a quick 2 set hammer curl with 10 lbs..too easy!

Remember one big important part of HST: if you SD properly, those first workouts with light weights will be hard, regarding of what you might think or feel when your muscles are conditioned.

Hell, if you SD properly, you'll barely walk after your first WO of 15's :)

Happy HSTing,

JD

Back