your results with HST...

totenz - i felt the same way at the near end of my cycle. i seem not to be gaining weight anymore but i seem to be growing? [added cardio HIIT style during 5s] bust've been the effect of lowered carbs during the 5s = lose pounds from fat.

anyway to my gains...
didn't really know how to measure everything else besides my arms.. so...
i grew 1/2" on my arms in 6 weeks (still got 2 weeks of negatives to go)
but everything is growing! (yes, even the stomach area
laugh.gif
)

i swear i'll be doing my diet SD correctly this time. (i always lose a lot during SD because of crappy diet) thank GOD for fitday!

Starting my fourth cycle today. My third cycle was disappointing though. While I did get about 1/2 an inch on my arms, I only gained 5 pounds. The previous 2 cycles were 15 and 12 each.

This time I'll be trying 2x a day 3x a week.

Well I tried to take a picture of myself. It didn't work out too well... blurry and such. I was also a bit hesitant to show it, since I'm one of the smaller guys on the site... But it should give you a good idea of my progress. I'm at 195 lbs right now, no idea what bodyfat % but I'm guessing between 13-15 maybe. I'm still pretty scrawny, but I'm getting close to breaking the 200 barrier, which should happen in a four to six weeks if I keep my diet going the way it has been.
You can see in the picture that my arms have done fairly well... they are at 15 inches right now, which may not seem big to some of you, but for me, that's a lot of good growth. My shoulders have done well too, but my chest is still pretty flat and my lats are rather puny. Most of my real growth has been in my back, but of course I can't take a back picture without help.
I'm going into the first day of 5s tomorrow... so hopefully I'll get some pretty good growth throughout them. After 10 days of 5s, I'm heading into post 5s. For the first time, I'm going to try to do negatives on the exercises that I can do them with. For the other ones, I'll be clustering.
I'll get my wife to help me take some better pictures once I get to the end of my cycle.
Honestly, this is the largest I've ever been and everyone around me has noticed that I'm swelling up pretty quickly. HST works great now that I've got my diet in line. I'm gaining about 1-1.5 lbs every week and my gains don't seem to be slowing down. Hopefully in six months or a year from now, I'll finally be happy with the way my body looks.
Anyway, here is the pic:
progressjune23.jpg

Good work Totentanz
thumbs-up.gif

Just a reminder though please try and keep this thread to results, if there is something you would like to discuss please start another thread.

Thanks

...eh? I thought he was talking about his results.

Looking good, Totentanz. HST is doing you right.

Looks very good Totentanz!

Assuming those muscles were built using the HST method, I can't see any better way to actually show the results than a picture! Very inspiring.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gripstrength @ June 24 2005,2:52)]...eh? I thought he was talking about his results.
Looking good, Totentanz. HST is doing you right.
Excuse me gripstrength let me rephrase.

This thread is for POSTING your results, IE gains, fat loss, Body weight changes so on, if you wish to discuss them then please start another thread. When someone would like to view changes in body comp from HST users it makes it very hard to travel through all the discussions when all they want is numbers.

HST results after a cycle:
Arms
- Right gained 3/8"
- Left gained 2/8"
Chest  - gained almost 1 & 1/2"
I didn't take any other measurements, and my weight stayed mostly the same, so I suppose I lost fat as well. I just started sticking to a far healthier diet, so it's no surprise.
I'm no monster, by the way. I'm just a small guy (only 5'7" or 5'8") and an extremely hard gainer, but HST took care of that.
Regards,
-JV

Finished cycle #4 this week, actually had to cut it a little short. Gained about 7 pounds; a little disappointing because I went with a 2x a day MWF. Went from 207 to 214. Next cycle I'm going to do it as Bryan suggested, i.e., no olympic lifting on the off days. :confused:

I think the added weight/volume brought in the RBE sooner as I gained strength; deadlift up 40 pounds over last cycle.
happy.gif

Only measurement is calves up to 17 1/4, about 3/8 inch.

hey I worked up from 160lbs - 175lbs in my first cycle

The only problem is I reached 175 in my first week of 5's and stuck there till the entire cycle ended - that's 15lbs in 5 weeks and 0 lbs in the last 3
sad.gif

Anyways attached are Pics from the begining of HST to the end of the 1st week of 5's in my first Cycle
1605gp.jpg

1751px.jpg

I dunno maybe would have continued growing if I didn't take the after pic so soon
crazy.gif

BTW - No supplements whatsoever and I didn't follow the Eating for size article to a "T" I just eat more b/c I was hungry more often

Props to you, definately made improvements. How can't you make improvements following the science of muscle hypertrophy?

Looking good Rakki. Definite progress. Keep eating big and doing HST and then imagine what you might look like in a year or so.

I've been employing HST principles in my workout for about 2 months now.  Started at 242 lbs @ 15.5% bodyfat and today was 237 lbs @ 13%.  If my math is correct, I've gained 1.7 lbs of muscle and lost 6.7 lbs of fat.  8.4 lbs total change.  Nothing spectacular, but I'm pleased so far.

backknee,

Those are actually pretty good results and it disproves a lot of the critics about gaining muscle mass while shedding bodyfat. Eh, I probably said that wrong as they usually talk about not being able to gain muscle mass while cutting. Anywho, I like that you're taking a slow approach and not bulking or cutting.

Keep up the great work!
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif

-Colby

Hi
I haven't got many "before" pics, just this one. It's not perfetct but it shows that I was definitely much smaller:
before1.jpg

These picks were taken after about 5 HST cycles (5x 8 weeks) later:
a.jpg

f.jpg

h.jpg

j.jpg

I don't take any measurements, just using mirror. All I know is that I was weighing about 75kg (170cm tall).
HST allowed me to put on additional weight, develop muscles and increase strenght. I've loved it since first cycle.
I haven't used any AAS, just creatine and whey few times. Appropriate diet of course.
kfd

Allright i'll call this a 'before' picture b/c i'm just starting to get everything back together again. I have been eating pretty bad and everything for a while, so i can't match last year's conditioning to this one. The pic of me earlier on this thread is almost exactly a year ago, i'm a little biggier and definately bulkier.
In a couple months i'm planning on blowing this picture away. Here goes. Just about 5 minutes ago i took this.

http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=10640.0

Don't have anywhere to store the image nor am i too inclined to work on it, this is not a proud image. But it's encouragement to get back into a lean, sexy
wow.gif
condition.

DSC00711.jpg

Okay i figured out their are free sites now to host images, thanks photo bucket. Here it is, oh lordy lordy. How bulky.

Back