[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Body fat %: 15.5... Body fat %:11.5
Lean Weight: 190 lbs... Lean Weight: 207.4
Bicep: 16 inches....... Bicep: 18.5
<span =''>

VERY NICE !!!
You drop 4% body fat and added 2.5 inches to your Bicep
worship.gif

Did you make any changes to your arm routine ??
How did you train your arms ??
(deadlift, pullup, curls ?? )

That's not possible !!!!!!!!!! +2.5'' !!!!!!!!!! on arms after only 8 weeks and losing 4% of FAT !!!!

I'm ok to admit that HST works and works well but....

MStoppa what did you take ? GH + Synthol ?
sneaky2.gif

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
That's not possible !!!!!!!!!! +2.5'' !!!!!!!!!! on arms after only 8 weeks and losing 4% of FAT !!!!
<span =''>
Well, my protein intake went up drastically for the last 3 weeks of the cycle. Can't explain it, but I have been on a growth plateau for 3 years now. HST has managed to change that.
</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
what did you take ? GH + Synthol ?
<span =''>
nope, no GH or anything like that. all protein and creatine.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikeh @ Oct. 11 2002,3:24)]</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Body fat %: 15.5... Body fat %:11.5
Lean Weight: 190 lbs... Lean Weight: 207.4
Bicep: 16 inches....... Bicep: 18.5
<span =''>
VERY NICE !!!
You drop 4% body fat and added 2.5 inches to your Bicep
worship.gif

Did you make any changes to your arm routine ??
How did you train your arms ??
(deadlift, pullup, curls ?? )
<span =''>
My arm routine was pretty simple. Standing BB curls for the bicep, and cable press for the triceps. I concenrated on maintaing good posture, and fairly slow movement.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (andré @ Oct. 11 2002,2:42)]Wow, you gained two and a half inches on your arms in less than two months! I am very very very very very impressed!
How will you look like after another cycle,man!
Please take pictures now and after the end of your next cycle!
<span =''>
Thanks, I suprised myself. I though maybe .5 - 1 inch, but this has definately blown my expectations. I will take some pictures soon, before I start the next cycle.

Mstoppa,

Holy mutha of...

Im sure I am not the only one who wants a more detailed peek at your routine and diet! Please share :D

Ha, and I just made a post saying that more protein wont make a diff. Well, I am willing to learn! Just how much protein did you eat?

IM new to HST. Have only done two cycles. IM 47.

Measurements at the start of cycle 1
============================
Weight: 170lbs
Arms: 15
forearm: 13
Chest: 41
Shoulders: 50 (measured around circumference of body)
Waist: 31
Thigh: 22
Calf: 15

Measurements at the end of cycle 2
===========================
Weight: 193lbs Gained 23lbs
Arms: 16.5 Gained 1.5&quot;
forearm: 13.5 Gained 1/2&quot;
Chest: 44 Gained 3&quot;
Shoulders: 52 (measured around circumference of body)
Waist: 32 1/8
Thigh: 23 1/8 Gained 1 1/8&quot;
Calf: 16 1/4 Gained 1 1/4&quot;

Some impressive stats of lift increases for max 5 reps

Hammer Delt press went from 170lbs to 250lbs
Squat went from 240lbs to 315lbs
Bench from 225lbs to 260lbs
weighted dips went from 260lbs to 313lbs (counting bodyweight)

For a natural program this is incredible. I recommend it to whoever will listen.

Regards,
Jesse

Fantastic results Jesse, keep it up!
Did you take before and after pics? In any case do take them before and after the start of cycle 3, that will convince anyone who still hesitates.

bye
andré

Andre,

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures because I figured a natural program would not produce anything worth talking about. I was a doubting Thomas when I start. Boy did the HST program surprise me.

I do plan to take pictures this time. I told Bryan I wanted to got through two cycles before posting them.

I checked your pictures out. You look like you are making great progress. Keep up the good work. I wish you the best on future cycles.

Regards,
Jesse

Hi,

Here's my check in after 1 cycle of HST. I'm a 6'2&quot; 32 year old who's lifted on and off for about 20 years. Over the last year I'd lifted regularly except the last few months I'd layed off again (mending broken bone).

Stats Before and After:

Weight 215 214 -1
Waist   40 39 -1
Forearms 12.5 12.75 +.25
Arms   15 15.2 +.2
Neck 16.5 16.5 0
Calves 16.25 15.5 -.75
Thighs 25 25.75 +0.75
Chest ? 41

Really I find measuring many parts like thighs, waist, and chest to not be very accurate so I don't put much stock in those differences. At any rate the results didn't seem to be earth shattering, especially coming off a layoff. Although I do feel healthier and stronger in general. I seemed to make very good progress through the 15's, OK through the 10's, but I felt like I went backwards through most of the 5's. It wasn't until the last two weeks of 5's where I kept pushing past my 5RM's that I felt I was getting somewhere.

Diet-wise I felt like I wasn't getting enough calories through the 15's and 10's as I could have, as I was leaning out pretty fast. I was actually on a low carb diet for the first two weeks, and was down to 206 (depleted). Even off the diet in the 10's I was still leaning out. When I got to the 5's I stopped leaning out though and the fat started packing on a bit. In the last week of 5's I ate like a pig, and I regret it now. Although I felt like I had lots of strength that week, I gained a several pounds of fat. From now on, I'll just let the leaning out happen and forget about optimizing muscle gain - at least until I get down to a respectable BF percent.
My workout was pretty short - 10 movements, 1 set each to start. I added a few more movements a couple of weeks in to bring it up to 13 sets. For the last 2 weeks I did a couple of negatives where possible but mostly just keep pushing the weights up past the 5RM where possible.

Squats
Incline BP (Partial) (bad shoulder)
SLDL
Rows
Chins
Behind The Neck Press
Upright Rows
Shrugs
DB Curls
Close Grip BP
Skull Crushers
Calf Raise
Crunches

This seems a fair bit shorter than the example HST workout. Perhaps that impeded progress. In particular I think I need to increase direct arm work, and quad work (1 set of 5 squats just didn't do it for me later in the cycle). Next cycle I'm cutting out some shoulder and back work to make room for this since they seem to be going well.

Well I was going to try to attach a few sad pictures but it seems they need to be sucked from a URL and can't be posted directly. Don't have an account handy that allows linking to a picture. Maybe that's a good thing.

On this second cycle of HST I've gained 6 lbs. and 2 oz. of LBM. Also lost half a percent of bodyfat. A 1/4&quot; of my waist is gone. I still have 3 workouts to go to finish this cycle, but so far the results are awesome. :)

I must say that when I first read about HST, I was interested, as the science behind it made sense. Then I used the calculator, and saw that the weight I used on my first day of 15's would be lower than my warmup weight. I then became EXTREMELY sceptical of HST. However, I decided to reserve judgement until I actually tried it. Well here I am only on my second day of 10's on my first cycle and I have already grown. Unfortunately I did not take measurements beforehand but it is very obvious from the mirror how much better I look now.
I hope the rest of this cycle goes as well as it has been going.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adam @ Oct. 31 2002,10:31)]On this second cycle of HST I've gained 6 lbs. and 2 oz. of LBM. Also lost half a percent of bodyfat. A 1/4&quot; of my waist is gone. I still have 3 workouts to go to finish this cycle, but so far the results are awesome. :)
I'd like to add that the initial measurements were taken 9/28 and the second were taken 10/31. That is a 6 pound increase in less than five weeks, a few ounces a day. I didn’t really lose any fat (the decrease in BF% is due to the increase in LBM), but I didn't gain any either.

just love reading the last two posts here,its great!

BBigHH: YOU tried it. nobody i talk to here in my gym, up till now, even cares to. you know, brainwashed with once a week TRAIN HEAVY OR GO HOME.
sure, always train heavy, BURN OUT, DONT GROW.
glad you tried it, hope results will keep on coming!

adam congrats to you as well, impressive gains, man

bye
andré

1st cycle results! I'm a 19 year-old college student, 156 lbs at 5'11&quot;. Before starting HST I did Static Contraction Training, which didn't do much for me.

Bodyweight: 147-&gt;156 +9 lbs
Chest: 37.25-&gt;38.25 +1 in.
Upper arm: 12.75-&gt;13 +1/4 in.
Thighs: +1 3/8 in. each
Calves: 14.25-&gt;14.75 +1/2 inch
Waist: 29.75-&gt;30.5 +3/4 in.

Just a few strength increases I'm happy with :D
Bench Press 5RM: 125-&gt;145 (16% increase)
Leg Press 5RM: 190-&gt;230 (21%increase)
Pullups 5RM: Bodyweight+20-&gt;Bodyweight+25 (14 lb. actual increase; 8%)

Oh yeah, I forgot:
Bodyfat: 6%-&gt;6% (as calculated by both YMCA and navy methods)

So, I'm a pretty happy camper. I was eating like a monster until the 10RM day (4000 kcal/day). My fat stores just skyrocketed. At that point I adjusted intake down to around 3000 kcal/day, and all the fat I had gained melted off while maintaining the new bodyweight.

That's all for now! I do have before pictures, but I haven't taken the after. I'll make sure you guys get them when I do.

-Calkid

Awesome. But just so you know, that was a 1/2&quot; increase on your arms not 1/4&quot;. Way to go!

Hi everybody,
thought i´d give an update on my progress, now that i´ve been training HST for seven months.
I just finished week 5 of my fourth cycle.

in inches and pounds:

start cycle 1 ( april) cycle 4 (november)

chest 49.0 51.0
waist 38.6 37.2
biceps 15.0 16.4
forearms 13.1 13.9
legs 24.2 25.3
calves 15.4 15.9
weight 207.9 215.4
fat% 21.3 % (*) 17.6 % (*)
LBM 163.6 177.5

in cms and kgs:
april cycle 1 nov cycle 4
chest 124.5 129.5
waist 98.0 94.5
biceps 38.0 41.7
forearms 33.2 35.4
legs 61.5 64.3
calves 39.0 40.5
weight 94.4 97.8
fat% 21.3 % (*) 17.6 % (*)
LBM 74.3 80.6

General statistics: age 42, height 5 feet 11 inch ( 180 cm )

(*) bodyfatpercentage: this time i used gyro´s bodyfatpercentagemethod ( using weight- and waistdata).
As a result, LBM changes are less spectacular than with the BIA method ( tanita scales) i used earlier.

Strategy until July 2003:
At present i am still trying to bulk up ( &quot;eating for size&quot;), although a bit worried about waistline and increasing fatpercentage. Up till now that diet, combined with the HSt works well for LBM gains so i guess i continue with that for the moment.

I hope to reach around 85 kgs LBM ( approx 187.2 lbs ) by the end of february/march next year.
I know, plus a lot of fat on top of that!!

Then, starting from April at the latest, i will gradually clean up diet, increase the cardio, and start cutting till end of July.
Thats about four months of fatdropping.

Like i did this summer in July, i plan to take pictures again in July next year and post them again on the board. My target is to at that time to show my physique at around 8 % bodyfat, hopefully having maintained as much as possible of the LBM gained so far.

thanks everybody for making this a great messageboard!
bye
andré

I thought I would give some hope to those who are genetically challenged, have not progressed in years and dont seem to fit into the &quot;I just gained 10 pounds and lost 4 inches off my waist&quot; category.

I have been using three different BF% measurements to track my progress - tanita scales, skinfolds with jackson/pollock 3 point formula and Sears' waist to wrist ratio - they all seem to give widely varying measures ranging from 17% to 4% but are all consistant within themselves.

Over 4.5 cycles (half a cycle was stopped due to flu so I started back from scratch) my total stats, which are consistant with all the different methods are a 50/50 gain of 8 pounds muscle/8 pounds fat.

Not earth shattering but more progress than the last 5 years or so. I think my diet needs attention but I cant seem to give up the Zone
crazy.gif
Im addicted. Also, keep in mind that over a decade of consistant training (and nearly every program imaginable) has yielded a total LBM of only 140 pounds, hence the Keebler Elf tag! Teh ultimate hardgainer. I must have the test levels of a 10 year old girl!

Thanks Bryan! You the man
thumbs-up.gif

I would like to report my results for HST. I dropped about 2 pounds of fat and gained about 4 of muscle on the cycle. Although strength isn't a primary goal of HST, it is a byproduct of HST, and my bench went from 245 to 265.

I didn't do the HST program as written, because I think a more orthodox program is available. Let me outline it.

First, HST argues that progressive resistance is key. Yet the current version of the HST workout does NOT increase weight each and every workout. It just does it week by week. My version has weight going up every workout, even if it's only 5 pounds.

Secondly, HST argues that tissue anabolism takes place over a 36 hour period, hence workouts should be every two days. Yet they are not under the current version. I worked out every two days.

My final change was an increase in the exercises and a decrease in the sets per exercise (to keep total sets per workout the same). I went through about 25 sets for about 18 different exercises each workout. The current HST focuses on &quot;major&quot; exercises only because the simple fact is that you will run out of time if you try to do everything. That's too bad. I don't. I put in nearly every imaginable exercise (rotator cuffs, anterior tibialis work, everything). This made the workout about 90 minutes long. But then I decreased the sets by eliminating warmup and pyramiding sets in later parts of the workout. For example, if my HST workout for a certain day has me benching 225 and later on that workout doing dips with 25 pounds of weight strapped to my waist, well, I don't do &quot;warmup&quot; sets for the dips. I figure that the bench pressing was warmup enough. That got the workout back down to about 50 minutes.

I think my version holds &quot;truer&quot; to the original HST principles. My guess is that what I'm saying is obvious but the authors of HST &quot;simplified&quot; their principles to make it available to a bigger audience. But increasing my weight each workout and working out every two days (instead of MWF) is not a big mental leap for me, so I took it to what I figure is the next level.

Back