your results with HST...

I just finished my second HST cycle, though I cut it off after the 5's because I feel like I'm beginning to overtrain. I think what I've been doing wrong is pushing each set too close to failure which is the downfall of this program. I have not been sleeping well and this is a sure sign for me that overtraining is setting in. Also, even though I'm significantly stronger on the one-rep max tests I gave myself yesterday, my bodyweight, bodycomp, and measurements remain unchanged at the end of this cycle. (My muscles do feel much harder and more dense than ever, however.) I think this is partly due to overtraining, and partly due to nutrition. About a week ago, I began using software that helps me track calories, protein, carb, and fat intake making it easy for me to make adjustments. At the moment I'm averaging a little over 3000 calories a day, and about 300 grams of protein. I'm going to bump this up to 3500 for the next cycle, keeping the protein at about this level. I will also be adding creatine to my diet to see what happens. There are other supps I plan to start using, but will only be adding these one at a time to see which have positive effects and which do not.
I'm still not sure about what to do after the 5's anyway, but as I say, the symptoms of overtraining are kicking in, so I just spent a workout testing myself on one-rep max's on the big three exercises which I plan to incorporate in my next cycle. Bench press is up 15 pounds from two months ago, leg presses are up a lot. I also tested deadlifts for the first time and I think I can do more than I did yesterday, but my forearms were giving out. I'm sure a couple weeks of 15-rep deadlifts will help that. Now I will take the next week off all exercise and start back up next Monday.
I found that the third and fourth weeks of the program are where I make the most gains in muscularity so I'm really looking forward to mid-Novemer!

I'd advise longer the a single week for your SD. Go 11 days at least, esp. if your gains are in the 10s.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ Oct. 19 2005,11:54)]I'd advise longer the a single week for your SD. Go 11 days at least, esp. if your gains are in the 10s.
Oh man! I don't want to hear that. Don't know if I can wait that long, but I'll try.

Ok so I just completed my second cycle of HST and these are my results. (see pics at www.photobucket.com user:becomeachampion pw:challenge) <--- this is an ectomorph challenge thing I'm having on another forum.

These results are from the end of my last cycle until now. (For 1st cycle results see earlier post in this thread)

Before After
arms 12.25 13 (+.75")
chest 39 40 (+1")
forearm 11.5 11.75 (+.25")
calve 14.5 14.75 (+.25")
thigh 21.5 22.5 (+1")
neck 15.25 15.5 (+.25")
waist 33.5-34.5 34-36 (ok I think this is a fluke. I just drank like 48oz of water so I think I'm bulging a little from that. I'm going to measure in the morning to see if there is a difference)

shoulders 47 (I just decided I should have been measuring this before)

Body Weight: 160lbs 167-170lbs (I'm 170 right now, but like I said I just drank 48oz of water)

my friend with good genetics has been dedicated to a good bodybuilding diet & training regimine for about two years.
i 'coached' him on his first HST cycle and he has gained 13 pounds in 7 weeks. although i have not seen him, he is not the type of person to put on sloppy weight.

Just finished 15s after failed 1st cycle because of shoulder injury. It seems my right trap is as bad as my shoulder any way things are progressing nicely bench now 195 x 15, dead lift 250 X 10 but cando more, no squats because no rack YET.
Start 10s nexts no scale but was 205 wil try to get weighed tomorrow. definely fatter but the 300 lb bench is in reach drugfree 42 yrs old. If I get 225 x 10 should get 300 by xmas. I only have 1 inch bar and running out of room for more weight. I will get a Olympic Set next check just wish i could find a cheap set , will try Play it Again. Any way I really seem to be making REAL PROGRESS. Thanks to the team Kasey

I'm in love with this system.my 2 first cycles was on diet,but my third one was on bulk, and I'm amazed with results(in centimeters):
before/after
shoulders 117/119 (+2)
chest 108/110,almost 111 (+2,almost +3)
arm left 36/37 (+1)
arm right 37/38 (+1)
forearms 27/28 (+1)
calf left 40/41 (+1)
calf right 41/42 (+1)
thighs 66/68 (+2)
Bryan,man,you freakin rule!!

I just finished my first cycle and gained 10#.
...put on a little fat, but I kicked the eats up pretty good.
After being skeptical...I'm now a believer!
Good program Mr. Haycock.
worship.gif

I have been training with HST since february. I didn't take any measurements before I started but I wasn't in good shape and carried 108 kilograms on 173 cm frame. I had also around one years pause on weight training before January and when I decided to "make a comeback" and put my body back in to shape before I birthday.

So here are the strenght results:

All results are in kilograms. If you want pounds divide the numbers with 0.4536

Squat
Begin Feb/2005: 140 x 15, 160 x 10, 190 x 5
Results from last perioid: 190 x 15, 210 x10, 230 x 5

Deadlift
Feb/2005: 140 x 15, 155 x 10, 190 x 5
Now: 180 x15, 200 x 10, 240 x 5

Bench
feb/2005: 90 x 15, 105 x 10, 120 x 5
Now: 115 x 15, 125 x 10, 145 x 5

Seated cable row
Feb/2005: 90kg / 105 kg / 120 kg
Now: 135 / 150 / ?? kg

DB curl biceps
Feb/2005: 15 / 20 / 25
Now: 25 / 30 / 35

and so on.

I dont have exact measurements from the beginning but measurements at the moment are following:

Arm 44 cm
Chest 129 cm
Waist 88 cm
Tight 67 cm

Heigth: 173 cm
Weight: 97 kg

I still have too much fat but I am still in rather good shape for a natural trainer.

And, yes I am lifetime natural! :)

Good results...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All results are in kilograms. If you want pounds divide the numbers with 0.4536

You mean... multiply by 2.2... if they were in pounds and you wanted kilograms then you would divide by that number.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All results are in kilograms. If you want pounds divide the numbers with 0.4536
You mean... multiply by 2.2... if they were in pounds and you wanted kilograms then you would divide by that number.

It's the same thing. ;-)

0.4536 is (round about) the inverse of 2.2. Multiplying by a value is the same as dividing by it's inverse, or: x/y = x*(1/y)

Chris.

Okay.. got some actual results for the last cycle. This cycle lasted 11 weeks with a one week SD during the 8th week. All weights are in pounds.

September 19th
Weight: 193
BF%: .1330

Today - December 14th
Weight: 207
BF% .1301

Lean Mass Differential: 12.8
Fat Differential: 1.2

It was my 2nd cycle - several pounds better than the last one. I am past the point of muscle memory gains, so the training is doing the job for me. I can't wait to raise my frequency for the next cycle.

Well, I've just finished my first cicle and I've gained 18 lbs with bf remaining pretty much the same (still use he same belt hole LOL).

I didn't take any mesaurements before and after but I'm definitely bigger and stronger, for example i've passed in leg press @ 5 reps from 440 to 528 lbs.

Many thanks Bryan for this training

worship.gif

I finished up my first HST cycle and am in the end of my first week of SD. My starting weight Octobar 16th was 162 lbs and I have been holding steady @ 176 lbs for the past week. Not too bad for a first cycle. I was eating 3100 calories daily....310 protein/280 carbs/85 fat. I put almost 2 inches on my waist, not too happy about that but I guess you take the good with the bad. I am planning on using HST again after this SD (16 days). I am planning on using T-Bol for 4 weeks on my next run. Hoping to solidify what I have and maybe gain an extra few.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ Dec. 14 2005,3:51)]Okay.. got some actual results for the last cycle. This cycle lasted 11 weeks with a one week SD during the 8th week. All weights are in pounds.
September 19th
Weight: 193
BF%: .1330
Today - December 14th
Weight: 207
BF% .1301
Lean Mass Differential: 12.8
Fat Differential: 1.2
It was my 2nd cycle - several pounds better than the last one. I am past the point of muscle memory gains, so the training is doing the job for me. I can't wait to raise my frequency for the next cycle.
colby,how did you gain so much weight and drop bodyfat?

I decided to call off my second round of HST after almost seven weeks. I got sick and an extra week off work before Christmas, which seemed a good excuse to call a halt.

Routine
I focused mainly on upper body this round, with only squats for the legs.

5 min warmup on stationary bike.
Bench press (slight incline)
Pec Flys
DB shoulder press [1]
Chin Assist
Triceps Dip Assist
Bicep curl (cable)
Tricep pushdown
Swiss ball ab crunches [2]
Oblique twisting sit-ups [2]
Full squats (Smith machine) [3]
EZ-bar bicep curls (in weeks 1, 3 and 5)
DB bent-over Rows [4]

[1] replaced with miltary press in week 4
[2] dropped in week 5 because they were hurting my back.
[3] moved to squat rack in week 6 - the Smith machines were apparently contravening health & safety regulations, and were put "out of order"
[4] added in week 6

I did a standard 15-10-5 cycle, with 2 sets of 15s, 2 sets of 10s and 3 sets of 5s.

Nutrition
I ate at 400kcal over maintenance. I'm vegetarian, so my protein came mainly from cottage cheese and soya. I had whey protein before and a weight-gainer shake after workouts. Daily supplements: 5g creatine (with pre-workout drink), 5g glutamine (with post-workout shake), 30g flaxseed oil, multivitamin.

My aim was to gain a kilogram a week, and I managed that for most of the cycle. Unfortunately, I forgot to scale down my eating to maintenance-level over SD and I put on 4 pounds of fat that week. Oops.

Results
Measurements were taken on Saturday mornings, for consistency. These figures are the difference between the Saturday before 15s and the Saturday after week 7.

Weight +10lb
LMM +10lb
BF% -1%
BF 0lb
Waist +0.75"
Navel -0.25"
Hips +0.5"
Neck 0"
Chest (upper) +1.5"
Chest (lower) +2.5"
Bicep +0.75"
Forearm +0.25"
Thigh +1"
Calf +0.5"

Chris.

yeah how do you guys gain 10 lean pounds while losing a little fat? how much protein, carbs and fat do you eat a day? david up there said he gained 14 pounds with 2 inches on his waist. i'm 162 right now, startin hst eating 284g protein, 456 carbs, and 83 fat. I was told to have high carbs because it speeds the pace of gaining lean weight. does this mean i'm going to gain 4 inches since i eat twice as many carbs :s

oh and david_diesel how much did you add onto your bench? for the 15's 10's and 5's

Back