gbglifters bulk-log

Ivr had problems motivating myself lately. My minds been on trackdays the last month or so. It will probably continue for the rest of summer.
Really pleased with my cutting though. Im sitting at 84kg now. Just waiting for the last bit of fat to be removed. Last year I was down to 78kg fully cut but I lost so much volume. Im feeling much fuller this time round due to me allowing a smaller deficit. Ive been in no rush to cut, which I feel allows one to lose weight slowly and steadily. I reckom another 2-3kg and Ill be properly ripped.

I know that feeling, I took 2 week off over Christmas and have been back in the gym a total of 7 times since. Kinda stuck in a negative cycle, out of shape, feel crap, eat and drink crap, out of shape etc etc...

I'm about to kit out my home gym and this time I'm going to log with pictures and measurements to keep the motivation! Working from home should hopefully help as it'll give me much greater flexibility once my second kid comes along.

Thought about a small SD or a variation for a week?

Ive not SDd properly since christmas but instead just deloading where I feel mecessary.
Its not really the training thats the problem its just that my biggest passion in life: racing, is taking up a lot of time and energy now.

Any type of motorsport: rally, rallycross, endurance. Probably enter nordic time attack next year at the entry level 4wd. This year is basically just track days with different clubs.

I skipped lower yesterday so I could go over my car before the weekends track day. I thought Id manage to do some squats today after the upper workout but I didnt.

Upper.
BW=83.1kg

BP: 50kgx15. 80kgx15+12
BTN: 60kgx9+7. 40kgx13
Pendlay: 80kgx10 (PR). 60kgx15
CGBP: 50kgx20+15
Pullups: bwx10
Delt raisesx20
Abs: weighted pushdowns and plank.

BP: I decided to ease off on the heavy set today and instead focus on really lifting with the pecs. Ie. trying to scoop the bar up instead of the usual technique where you basically just get the bar up i the air. They´re more taxing but they really target the pecs more.

BTN: I did these much stricter today. The first set at least, and on the second set I had to push on a few. I keep bringing the bar down over the back of my neck so it scrapes the skin off, instead of landing on the lats. Im really enjoying doing the BTN now as I am basically having zero lower-back issues.

Pendlay: I like doing these for metabolic sets or even really heavy but sets of ten seem to tax me the most. I feel like going to lie down after a hard set. I managed what I believe to be a PR today nevertheless. I do think the pendlays are a great exercise for the upper back though.

CGBP: I was a bit tired once I get to these today so I just decided to do a couple of metabolic sets here, focusing on my technique.

Pullups: no comment!

ABS: starting to dial these up a bit. Bodyfat is getting quite low now so whatever ab-work is done shows, which is nice. Im aiming for around 80kg sometime in june.

Have a nice weekend.

Upper
83.3kg

BTN: 40kgx6+6. 60kgx10. 70kgx5+4
BP: 60kgx15. 80kgx11+9
CGBP: 80kgx5. 60kgx11
Pendlay: 40kgx15. 80kgx6+6
Pullups bw only supersetted with 40secs plank: 8-plank-7-plank-6-plank-5-plank-4.

Have you noticed that the Pendlays in any way affect your Squats or RDLs due to lower back fatigue?

Not really. I do lower on monday and thursday and upper tuesday/friday. I dont feel pendlays strain the lower back too much. Military is worst in my case. BTN helps but once Im pressing 70+kg then I start to feel it more.
I havent really been pushing any lift due to the perpetual cut Im on. Just hovering around my maxes, reducing load then building back up etc.

Not really. I do lower on monday and thursday and upper tuesday/friday. I dont feel pendlays strain the lower back too much. Military is worst in my case. BTN helps but once Im pressing 70+kg then I start to feel it more.
I havent really been pushing any lift due to the perpetual cut Im on. Just hovering around my maxes, reducing load then building back up etc.

Lower A
84.2kg

Hacks: bwx8. 40kgx8. 60kgx6. 80kgx8.
Legpress: 150kgx8. 200kgx8. 220kgx5. 250kgx6.
Legcurl: 40kgx50(1 set)
Stand calf: 50kgx8. 65kgx8. 80kgx9.

I then did some plank.

I only managed one upper and one lower session last week. I had a) other things on and b)lack of motivation. Ill get back into the swing this week. Ive also been allowing myself to eat whatever so Ive put on a few pounds of water weight.

I decided to ramp up to one main set today. It felt quite good and I managed 250kgx6 for the legpress with ease. I could have squeezed out 10 reps. Ive also been doing an exercise for the abs. The abs are tensed inwards the same time as you clench for "below". It sort of squeezes everything in. Ive been allowing my body to get used to the movement and I employed that tactic today which really helped with the press. Instead of pushing out, you push in. The core felt really solid.

Upper a
83.3kg

BP: 40kgx10 60kgx8 80kgx5 100kgx5
CGBP: 80kgx8
BTN: 40kgx8 55kgx5 65kgx5
Pullups: bwx10+9+8
Skipped pendlays.
Lying cable fliesxca35reps

Havent trained in a week due to illness.

83kg

BP: 40kgx10 60kgx10 80kgx5 90kgx6
CGBP: 80kgx6
BTN: 40kgx8 50kgx6 60kgx8
Chins: bwx12+10
Pendlay: 40kgx8 60kgx6

I deloaded and was absolutely knackered at the end. The pendlays were so heavy. Ill do legs tomorrow then upper on thursday. Its midsummer on friday so thats reserved for pickled herring and schnaps!

Back