Swithchg from HST to the UD2.0 diet/training plan.

ttboyy2k

I am looking for opinions from those who have done the UD2.0 diet. Should I deload for 7-14 days or SD for 9 days or so before starting the UD2.0 diet? I just want to avoid severe DOMS from the UD2.0's depletion/super high volume requierments. Currently, I am in the 7th week (negative training) of my 11th hst cycle. I have always taken a 12 -16 day SD for my past hst cycles. But hst is low volume compared to the depletion workout of UD2.0

I see no reason to do a SD unless your joints are complaining. UD2 training protocol is not scheduled around progression in weights as the fundamental factor - but a balls to the wall training session in the end of the week.

Happy dieting :)

My joints are ok, but my muscles have a great deal of DOMS in them do to the last week of ecentric/dropsets and pulses training I have been doing. I am no expert, but wouldn't a little SD be needed if one were to apply some of hst's principles to the tension and power workouts? I just thought trying to increase the load on the tension and power workouts would facilitate more toward hypertrophic response and maintain lbm better than using the same loads for 6-8 weeks straight.

I know you asked this question at body recomp, I haven't reviewed responses. Lyle has generically suggested work to max a repetition or range of repetitions, and then restart with 80% of max weight. You can do that for just the power workouts or tensions too. Obviously you can't deload during a block, but that is one of the reasons he asks you to take a break 4 - 6 weeks. Deloading during that period at 60 - 75% 1-RM way short of failure for a few sets/body part.

FWIW: I like power workouts at 5x5 back-chest-quads-hams with a couple supplemental sets for arms, calves, abs. I increase weight when I hit 25 reps, if I can't for two workouts I drop to 4 reps x 6 sets, same rules apply. For tension workouts set weight equal to 75% max for a round 8 - 10 reps and make obligatory 2.5% - 5% weight increase week-to-week.

Good luck, the fat just falls off if carb up is kept disciplined (ie no pizza, ice cream) with no loss of strength.

I've seen a couple of ppl mention UD2.0 now . . . .can someone enlighten me as to what it is?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ May 04 2005,7:11)]I've seen a couple of ppl mention UD2.0 now . . . .can someone enlighten me as to what it is?
Body Recomposition

UD2.0 is a new and improved version of Body Opus. Specifically designed for the at or below set point dieter, designed to take fat-to-lbm ratio where your body normally won't allow to go without serious muscle catabolism.

hell, i always wonder how the hell you can follow a plan like ud2.0...are you all students? don't you have anything to do?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ May 05 2005,9:54)]hell, i always wonder how the hell you can follow a plan like ud2.0...are you all students? don't you have anything to do?
I switch day 1 to Monday so my carb-up begins on Friday evening through all day Saturday.

I work a pretty stable 8 - 5 pm, 5-day week, no children.
A little grilling and grocery shopping on Sunday for food prep. I spend less time eating (1 - 2 meals at work versus a normal 3) consuming 1,400 cals a day Tue - Friday.
Go to the gym same as usual, but spend an additional 30 - 45 minutes each session during depletion. Don't do morning cardio as prescribed.
Friday's post-workout = fun sort of lowfat see food diet and Saturday's yard work as usual and just eat whenever I am not full.
Sunday workout and eat like normal.

Tough part about UD2:

1. depletion workouts - the lactic acid nausea is incredible, they are exhausting, and I feel weak - then you got to do it again the following day.

2. All the pent up hunger by carb-up time leads to eating too much fat and not staying true to the plan, which leads to slower fat loss due to smaller weekly cal deficit. I got to mentally buck up a choose fat free ice creams instead of the good stuff, choosing to bagels and cereal instead of all-you-can eat pizza or chinese.

Honestly, a little weekly planning and it is smooth sailing.

Back