I'm 6 weeks in and have an injury

seemore

I originally posted my cycle 6 week ago. I am down to the last 2 weeks and I have pain in both pecs. I don't think it's torn. The pain only kicks in at a certain stretch and load. Day-to-day activities it feels normal, only slight pain when doing certain stretches and movements in bed. For the last two workouts I skipped chest exercises (I didn't feel anything major doing this).
I have gotten good results from this cycle. I might just start a cut for two weeks.

You'll know if you've torn a pec. Its probably just major DOMS. If you think its just doms then just train through it. If you think you've torn it, go to the doctor and ger it checked.

It's definitely not DOMS. Feels like the ligament is inflammed. I'm skipping chest exercises for the last two weeks then. A bit disappointing.

Make sure you're taking a good amount of fish oil everyday and try to reduce Omega-6 intake wherever possible because you may well be getting a lot more of omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids. Too much omega-6 is not going to help with any inflammation you have induced through your training.
Fish oil isn't a quick cure but it can help over time; it should be something you get in the habit of taking everyday throughout your training life, if possible.

Agree with flies... They are hard on you! You say ligament... Is the pain close to the shoulder, or right around the pec muscle itself?

Hmm, it wasn't a very thorough description of the pain. It could just be a knotted muscle, a minor strain, cancer etc...

That being said I find forms of foam rolling to be effective especially along with active release. For the active release I use a baseball, others use different forms of balls. Basically if it is the type of injury that you would love for your wife/girlfriend to lovingly caress the pain away then hard object pryinging into your muscle forcing it to relax will get the job done too.

Back