Videos

And if that wasn't 'bad ass' enough, check this out:

He did this after the record lift! He is so going to beat his own record later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! :) Thanks for posting. It's unreal. And the speed! Also, once he has the lift, he just holds it there without a hint that his grip is going to falter. I recall Andy Bolton losing his grip with a lesser weight. Benni is looking thicker than ever.

And the thing about Crossfitters: for every knowledgeable one there are probably 20 not-so-knowledgeable ones. Inexperienced people dis Oly lifters (who lift insane weights overhead) for looking fat too. No one that has any clue about what Benni did in this vid would say anything other than "Wow!"—or words to that effect.

"Wow" is a huge understatement. "Holy $#!t" seems more fitting.

Thought this was a good bit of inspiration for all of us here who want to get in the 500 club. Way to go Ripp!

Rip's new method for pressing as described in Starting Strength, 3rd edition.

My fave high-bar squat vid of the week. This guy is a beast.

Misha Koklyaev no-hand squat!

Mr Koklyaev is just too cool! This is with 300kg and he makes it look like a toy. :cool:

Clarence Kennedy (AKA ClarenceO) at 19 years of age! He does an unbelievable amount of lifting each day with unbelievably heavy loads, all without the help of special chemicals. He's thrived on good ol' Irish fodder and a dose of creatine. I think he has squatted almost everyday for the past 5 years! I'll be rooting for him at the next O-games in 2016.

This vid is of the second session of this day's training. Fast forward to 6:33 to catch his squats at the end of the session!

First Session: (not in vid)
Front Squat: 231kg miss
Power Snatch: 105kg x 2
Power Clean and Jerk: 130kg x 2

Second Session:
Snatch: 150x1, 140kg 6 sets of 2
Clean and Jerk: 190kgx1, 175kg 6 sets of 2
Clean Pulls: 180kg 6 sets of 3
High-bar Back Squats: 230kg 6 sets of 3 (failed last rep)

Some nice dips being done by Xiaojun (jump 20s in to vid). He's got the weight loaded behind him rather than in front. Never seen anyone do that before. Forces him into a much more upright position. Each red plate is 25kg (55lb).

Last edited:
Kevin Cornell doing what I think is just about the most difficult form of press you can do... and with only 110kg!

Next time you're going for a new 1RM in your press, you might want to watch this first for a little inspiration:

I think it's 115kg, but it might be 120kg. Maybe it's easier down there?

Dmitry Klokov 250kg (550lb) ass to the grass front squat

With a 4 second pause at the bottom....

@Bulldog that catching the press on his traps looks crazy
Just about all O-lifters train this way when doing any kind of press movement. Dropping the bar down behind your head onto your traps with a load in the region of your 5RM is never going to be a smart thing to do unless you have trained this way for a considerable time. I've seen a vid of a much less experienced guy doing this, only to have the bar miss his traps and drop straight down, dislocating one of his shoulders in the process. Not cool.

Just about all O-lifters train this way when doing any kind of press movement. Dropping the bar down behind your head onto your traps with a load in the region of your 5RM is never going to be a smart thing to do unless you have trained this way for a considerable time. I've seen a vid of a much less experienced guy doing this, only to have the bar miss his traps and drop straight down, dislocating one of his shoulders in the process. Not cool.

Yeah, I would never do that.

Thought this was a pretty helpful vid for those wondering whether to get some O-shoes to squat in.

Why Everyone Should Squat In Weightlifting Shoes

Last edited:
Milko Tokola has great squat form and this vid shows how little it changes as the load changes from light to heavy. Definitely worth a watch.

Back