Carbohydrate cycling

• Thread starter imported_eranguri
  • Start date
I

imported_eranguri

Hi,
I have read two articles of "Carbohydrate cycling" , and every one of them have a different way to cycle.
Which of the way is better for your opinion or experience?
first way : Way 1
OR
This way :
Way 2

Most people don't uinderstand the reasoning behind carb cycling. The only reason I would carb cycle is the reasoning behind the Ultimate Diet 2.0, which is to take advantage of the partitioning effect you get from total glycogen depletion.
If you are doing it for ketosis, then forget about it. You won't be in ketosis long enough to make a difference. In my opinion, both those methods aren't going to give you very good results, especially in comparison to a normal diet where you just cut calories a bit and work your butt off.

I want to use the carb cycling to gain weight.
Will carb cycling help to do this?

As long as overall during the week, you have a calorie surplus, then yes, you will gain weight. You'd have to overeat quite a bit on low carb/no carb days to achieve this, or else rely heavily on fats during the low/no carb days. I don't know that it will necessary help keep fat off as they claim.

Atkins claims that you will lose fat if you cut carbs, even if you are in a calorie surplus.

Has anyone ever tried this while bulking? It's not that hard to get the fat if I eat nuts, and avocados all day long.

If you are in a calorie surplus, you will gain fat. There is no way around that.

Atkins can claim whatever it wants. Doesn't make it true. If you consume more than your body needs, you will gain weight. A significant percentage of that weight will be fat, even with consistent weight training. There is no diet magic where you can overeat and not gain fat.

OP, Have you looked into carb backloading diet?
Cycling can be tricky, because you definitely want to have a large carb meal the day/night before your workout.
If you're looking to strictly put on mass, then don't bother with cycling. Aim for 1.75g per lbs in carbs, as much as you can get in protein while staying in a slight surplus... The rest will be fat, but try to make it healthy.

I'm experiencing the best development I've had in my whole lifting career (just 3 years) doing backloading and HST A/B splits... Fat coming off, muscle going on!
I've done cycling and Atkins prior to this year to cut... While the fat was certainly coming off, my strength sucked. As did my overall energy level, and motivation.

Back