my next hst cycle

thats basically it

i start at 15rm...staying 1-2 reps away from failure

cluster when i need to

and yes it is very hard during heavy weights / low reps - but thats (at least for me) the standard hst routine as well

i am still playing around with frequency and voluem - usually i need to reduce volume during heavy weights to 15 total and 4x per week...

imo its very hard to keep volume constant because 2x10 e.g. 20 reps total would mean 4x5 during 5s, and if you need to cluster, you're easily up to 6-8 sets...the metabolic stress technques in addition of course... argh

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. Right now I go 2x a day, 3 times a week. I like the 2x a days, but I figure if I went with something like you are doing on my next cycle, 2x a days would have to go out the window, and maybe 3-4 times a week would be better for managing fatigue.

I'm doing in this way.
I start from 60% of 5RM and do 15 reps adding 5%.
When I hit failure in 15 reps I lower the range of reps to 10.
Then after hit failure in 10 I lower to 5.
This is to avoid zigzag.

I think now to increase the weight every workout to 10% and repeat one or two workouts when I change range of reps with the same weight.
Why? Because when I use 10% increments my HST cycle is to short and to my CNS recover.

It seems this old thread has popped up. I may try to do something like this in the future, but there are so many different tweaking ideas I want to try. This coincides with a cluster HST cycle, so it may be sooner than later.

Dziewul, if you only do the 15-10-5 rep range with this progression technique, I imagine your cycles only last about 4 weeks?

When I start from about 50%5RM and with 5% increments 4-5 weeks + 2 weeks negativ.
But when I repeat two workouts when I change range of reps this is full HST cycle (8 weeks).
I like this because I do not need to find out my 15RM and 10RM.
I simply go from 5RM.

But what I have seen after 2 years of my HST? After tweaking my workout I always come back to vanilla.
My idea is only for estimate maxes, not for avoid zigzag for me.
I think 15,10,5 blocks are the best because You come to failure only 2 times in cycle.
When You reduce reps and You are close to failure all the time You drain your CNS.
In real live it is difficult to estimate the range of reps with good precicion. You know sometimes You may have bad day.

I have question:
Do You use constan increment = 5% of 5RM or Your increment is changing during the minicycles?

Back