Best Android App For Hst Training - Any Recommendations?

shiphen

Hi

Can anyone recommend what is the best Android app for HST training?

I would like to be able to record:
- How many reps I did
- At what weight
- What level of difficulty I encountered

I am an HST new user.

J

P.S. This may be separate, but also would also like I an android app for time stretches.
This should have the ability to do a count-down timer, that bleeps JUST ONCE after the length of time that I set.
(e.g. It bleeps just once after say 35 seconds)
Ideally it should be have about 3 or 4 memories so that at the single press of a button I can move to a say 85 seconds instead of 35 seconds.

- How many reps I did
- At what weight

No, sorry have an iPhone but you may struggle to get all three, no doubt you will be able to add an exercise note for the difficulty element - have you looked at 'Jefit' (I didn't like it) - I use Gym Buddy (this is no longer supported) and Gym Hero (use this for online access)

edit - looks like the gym buddy and gym hero apps on android are different apps to those on the iPhone, so the above was no help to you at all, sorry :oops:

Last edited:
I just make my own spreadsheets and then store them on Google drive. If you also download Sheets you can edit the fields and calculations still work. I found that pretty handy. If you want to take it a step further I have really enjoyed BarSense an Android only app that tracks your bar path using recorded video.

If you want a good app for tracking your workouts then do a Google search for GymRat v1.0.6. It is discontinued but you can find an unlocked apk file to install it. It is still my favorite app for building and tracking workouts. For an app that is still active and available I would suggest looking at Gymprovise. They have free and paid versions. I spent the $5 to check it out when GymRat disappeared from the Google Play store and I couldn't load it on my new phone. Once I found the unlocked apk file for GymRat I went back to using that.

Edit - I forgot to mention that the GymRat app also has a timer available as a separate tool, and you can create multiple times for any length of time that you would like.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the power of pen + paper.

@Totentanz - back me up ?

Writing with pen and paper is OK, but with current technology it is much easier to enter the data on your phone. At least I think so. Most apps have the ability to export the data to a CSV file so you can easily utilize the data in a spreadsheet as well.

While I agree that with current technology, it is easier to enter it into a phone for most people, I find it too difficult to use a phone when lifting. But I have really thick fingers and texting on a phone is a pain in the ass regardless. I use the speech to text feature on my phone quite a bit.
So I still use the tried and true method of a notebook and pen. Usually int he past, when I got on the computer later, I would reconcile my log with the spreadsheet. These days, I don't really use spreadsheets or anything to plan out my cycles anymore though, I just log everything in the notebook and refer to that when I go to do my next session.

P.S. This may be separate, but also would also like I an android app for time stretches.
This should have the ability to do a count-down timer, that bleeps JUST ONCE after the length of time that I set.
Ideally it should be have about 3 or 4 memories so that at the single press of a button I can move to a say 85 seconds instead of 35 seconds.

Just double checking here, but are you referring to an app that can time how long you hold a static stretch?

I'm asking because you absolutely should not be doing stretches prior to lifting. There is a clinically demonstrated increased risk of injury and decrease of strength associated with static stretching prior to exercise.

Hi

- How many reps I did
- At what weight

I am an HST new user.

J

Try jefit.com it's free and work's for me

I can't seem to find the most recent thread discussing Android workout apps, so I'm going to post here. I came across this one today and it looks pretty good and all the current features are free on Android. The iOS version has more features but you have to pay to access some of the features.

You can easily build a workout on the fly and after you log it you can save it as a workout template for future use if you want to.

http://strongapp.io/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Desktop&_branch_match_id=303355833354396003

Last edited:
Back