Cutting And Loosing Mass

Fred

Lately by looking at the mirror, i look smaller. If i contract my muscle i look good. Cutting for 3 months or so.

Starting to stall in strenght, last week BP aparently lost some strenght. DL is stable, Squat is stable, but loosing a lot of volume in my thights (-6cm in 3 months).

Is it from the glycogen depletion? I dont feel burned out, i AM just afraid that if i continue i will be getting smaller and smaller at the expense of lean mass.

I still dont see a 4 pack when relaxed, full 4 pack when contracted. The goal would be the 4 pack relaxed.

Any advice?

Ride into maintenance for a few weeks (3-4) then start cutting again would be my thoughts.

Glycogen depletion is likely not going to 6cm over three months; genuine fat loss I would think, obviously SOME depletion contribution but unless you're doing a thorough depletion protocol you won't get it all the way down (and no need do without a weight class or BB'ing show to hit).

Don't worry, if you aren't losing strength (Wilks points) significantly, it isn't muscle you're losing. What good is it to have "big" arms, legs, chest while being fat? None, really.

Strenght levels lowered 2 weeks ago in a result of overtraining. I needed to lower the volume and they are ok again (not higher, but the same).

Thanks Jester i might do that as i am going on vacation in 3 weeks time so maintenance will be a must anyways, until there i will try to hold on to the cut and not looking at the mirror so much.

Back