Is It Actually Possible To Do A Whole Cycle In 3 Weeks?& Training After Injury

ChrisTR

Hi Guys,

First of all im fairly new to HST but im not new to Strengthtraining.

My name is Chris I am 21 years old from Germany. I weigh 105 kg at 190cm and a bodyfat of roughly 19-22% I would say,
I trained a typical bodybuilding and 5x5 typ of stuff for 3 years now. I got up to a 120kg Bench 3x6, 205kg Deadlift 3x3 and a 150kg Squat 3x6. At my last Workout I did 2 weeks ago i felt a weird pain in my lower abs, I went to the doctor but they couldnt tell me what it was, today i got the diagnosis it is a inguinal hernia and i will get a surgery next monday. Thats been said I will have a break from all sports for about 2-3 weeks and then i can start really light upperbodytraining, my doctor told me that i can start heavy lowerbody lifting at about 2-3 months after surgery. First of all i want to ask you guys if anybody of you ever had this kind of problem and if you could get a 100% back to your old strength?

On the otherhand i see this at a big oppertunity to make a nice SD and start with HST I know that it is a great system but i never thought about trying it because my gains where decent and my coach always said :" Never change a winning team" But now i have to take some weeks of and i want to give it a shot.

My Plan would be as followed as I cant do Legs...

Bench 1x WU 2x
Dips 1x
Rows on the Machine or Free / I have to see if there is any pain.. 1xWU 2x
Chins or Machine 1x / have to see how it feels
MilitaryPress 1x

I hate it that i cant train legs because this plan looks so empty to me.... But i dont wanna risk a even longer break so i will try to run the first cycle without legs.

So now to my real Question, would it be possible to train a whole cycle in just 3 weeks? I have read a lot about HFT lately and there they are doing fullbodyworkouts every day for like 6 days a week....

Would it be recommended or did anybody ever tried it like.
6 Workouts in a week 3 on /1 off /3on/1 off repeat
15 in 1 week
10 in 1 week
5 in 1 week + how long you are able to increase load

Or would that be counterproductiv because of overtraining in the 10s and 5s?

Sorry for my bad english tho guys, I try to become better at it...

Would like to hear from you, even tho this Thread is pretty long :D

All the best and keep on pushing,
Chris

I think for three weeks only you would be better off just doing extended 5s.

If you want to do continuous micro-cycles then 4 weeks (10s and 5s) might viable? Probably not ideal.

hey jester,

Thank you for the fast answer... So you think my Mass and Strength Gains would be better if i would do a normal cycle at 6 weeks length?

Cheers Jester!

So i loaded an app called "HST Calculator" but when i got my weights in this app adviced me to go on the 15s from +15 kg on dips to 16, 17, 18,19 and 20kg. I can remember that somebody told me that this increasements are to low, is it true? How would you guys do it in my position? Max for 15 reps is +20kg.

Would like to hear from you.

Hello Chris,

I would download the HST E-Book that is pinned in this forum. It discusses incrementation and many other aspects in great detail.

Cheers Jester!

So i loaded an app called "HST Calculator" but when i got my weights in this app adviced me to go on the 15s from +15 kg on dips to 16, 17, 18,19 and 20kg. I can remember that somebody told me that this increasements are to low, is it true? How would you guys do it in my position? Max for 15 reps is +20kg.

Would like to hear from you.
@ChrisTR

In respect of dips (and chins) the way I believe you should do it is the combined weight of you and the 20kgs so work off 125kgs so the first 2 or 3 days of the 15s will be at body weight only

Back