Where Is Everyone?

mickc1965

This forum seems to be dying even @Jester has not been on for a month, it seems that there maybe only half a dozen members that post, it would be interesting to know how many members are actively viewing this site but not posting :D

Personally, I have been busy with life but I still check in occasionally. Finally starting up a cycle again this week after basically almost a year without any regular lifting. Should be interesting, I might or might not log it.

I drop by when I get chance, even if I'm not training enough to make it worth adding anything to my log. It's rather apparent that people aren't chatting about training here like they used to. Plenty of other places to hang out that tick more boxes for them, I guess.

I check in every once in a while. I just don't post much anymore. I haven't lifted regularly in several years now, which probably has something to do with it. I'm just so damn busy with life that I can't seem to lift on any kind of regular schedule. I'm getting old enough now that cardio conditioning is a concern ( I'll be 47 soon, and have a family history of heart disease), so I bought a Concept2 Model D rower and have been rowing the last couple of weeks. For me it is much more tolerable (I won't say enjoyable because I don't find any cardio enjoyable) than any other form of cardio exercise. I also bought the RowPro software and used the wizard to create a rowing plan which I'm going to concentrate on for the next 3 months.

Hey Bulldog, good to hear you're doing ok.
I got a Concept 2 rower a few years ago. It's a great bit of kit. It's my preferred form of cardio too, although I find a 2k is far enough for me — hardly a long row. I think I've done a 5k a few times and a 10k once. That was without the Row Pro software though, so you can imagine how boring it was. :)
All the best.

Hi. Another Brit on here, just... As above, for me too, too much life (and death..) getting in the way to train consistently... however.. I am currently in the process of a career change (at the age of 45!) and am opening my own 'old school' gym here in SE London. Trying to escape from the hordes of cheap and nasty 'chain' gyms, like PureGym, Anytime Gym, True Gym..blah blah blah.. and all the other crap like that. Going back to heavy duty equipment and long forgotten exercises called 'squats' and 'deadlifts' and 'chin ups' that you rarely see in the above mentioned hell-holes these days!!
It wont be up and running for a couple of months yet, but anyone here is more than welcome to pop in and say hi and train

Thanks Mick.
I agree. The rise of the 'chain' gym seems to have reached its peak, certainly in my area. I speak to people all the time who are fed up with these cheap, always broken, atmosphere-less places, and miss the old style of hardcore gym, with decent customer service and good, solid iron.

I am still here too. I don't get on as much as I used to... Life is busy. I am still training consistently and adding muscle - HST style. I will never train any other way.

Not sure if I want to get much bigger though (my wife has made it more than clear that I am too big now), so I may end up scaling back the frequency a bit, but the principles of HST and myo reps are gold.

Hi. Another Brit on here, just... As above, for me too, too much life (and death..) getting in the way to train consistently... however.. I am currently in the process of a career change (at the age of 45!) and am opening my own 'old school' gym here in SE London. Trying to escape from the hordes of cheap and nasty 'chain' gyms, like PureGym, Anytime Gym, True Gym..blah blah blah.. and all the other crap like that. Going back to heavy duty equipment and long forgotten exercises called 'squats' and 'deadlifts' and 'chin ups' that you rarely see in the above mentioned hell-holes these days!!
It wont be up and running for a couple of months yet, but anyone here is more than welcome to pop in and say hi and train

How about you call your gym " The Golden Era Gym " ? :) Even though Schwarzenegger, Zane and those ole boys were on the juice... They just had it with weightlifting ethic.

Yes, bummer it's so slow now a days I come here once in a while, hoping there will be a discussion going. I sure miss the old days on here!
I was looking at some archive threads and old discussions, I see some back in the early 2000's, and all of sudden thought holy crap I feel old, that was like 13 years ago.
I was in my thirties when I posted that..now I'm 51, where did the fricken time go!!!

Yes, bummer it's so slow now a days I come here once in a while, hoping there will be a discussion going. I sure miss the old days on here!
I was looking at some archive threads and old discussions, I see some back in the early 2000's, and all of sudden thought holy crap I feel old, that was like 13 years ago.
I was in my thirties when I posted that..now I'm 51, where did the fricken time go!!!
51 is a great age!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ha, I see you are also, well, its better than 52, but that'll be here in (what'll feel like) 10 minutes from now LOL

I'd like to put my 51 brain in my 19 year old body, now that would be cool!

I know how you feel. I was 23 when I first came here, this year I'll be 36. Time goes by fast.

Very true... I am early 40's now and have to constantly remind myself and double check my age (ha, ha). I read up a bit on the guys like Zane and the others and am now looking at changing the way I train slightly to avoid being "busted up" in the years to come...

I hear ya, that would suck to have super bad shoulders and knees at 55 and ruin the 'golden years', I also want to be one of those fit oldies when I'm ancient, not a busted up 'used to have' muscles kinda person.

I'm still alive. Been super busy with nursing school.

Been running a push-pull-legs split with some rest-pause for a while with loads around 60-75%. Seen some decent size gains since last year. Upping the load on primary movements starting this week so I can take advantage of the new muscle and hopefully build some more strength over the next couple of months.

Body weight is closing in on 190lb. I'm in "you should cut" territory but honestly idgaf right now.

Hope you guys have been doing well.

Back