Is It Possible To Grow Half An Inch On My Arms In A Good Cycle?

quads

I'm 5'6 164 with 14.3 inch arms.. that being said I bench 255 and Ohp 160. I'd like to have bigger arms, is it possible I could get half an inch or so if I eat well enough in a cycle of HST? Anyone with experience?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you can bench 255 you must have a couple of years of training under your belt and you should know what you can accomplish. While it is entirely speculative I am going to say it is highly unlikely that you will achieve your goal. Why not just focus on your arms and let them grow?

You would have to eat over 800 extra calories per day to get close to that naturally assuming a 6 week cycle and most of that gain would be fat. A more reasonable goal would be to go for 1 inch in 1 year. That would require a little less than 200 extra calories per day which is more manageable.

I have roughly 14.2 and 14.4 inch arms at 17 percent body fat, 5'6. So not near genetic potential or anything.

I have roughly 14.2 and 14.4 inch arms at 17 percent body fat, 5'6. So not near genetic potential or anything.

My assumption is he was asking about a cycle of HST. If he was asking about a cycle of steroids, that is a different question and one I am not qualified to answer.

that being said I bench 255 and Ohp 160

Are these figures 1 rep maxes?

I'd like to have bigger arms, is it possible I could get half an inch or so if I eat well enough in a cycle of HST?

I would say highly unlikely to achieve this growth in a 6 to 8 week HST cycle, what exercises are you intending on doing in your proposed routine?

You could always try occlusion training!!

Basically if you want to grow your arms you need to increase your volume. The more you can do per week the better off you are. Because you will need a lot of volume, you may need to reduce your intensity.

Anyways, even though it is unlikely you could accomplish this, to make your best run you will want to hit your triceps thoroughly...

Well I did, maybe even a bit more so. But I feel like I am a beginner and I added 9 pound of bodyweight too. For advanced trainees it probably won't happen.

Back