switch from bulk to cut

jwbond

i believe i recall reading that sd is not needed if you go from a bulk to a cut cycle.

i am on the last week of negs for my bulk cycle. i was planning on doing...

calories above maintenance:
rest of this week ending bulk cycle

maintenance:
1 week of 15s (only doing 1 week of 15s)
week 1 of 2 of the 10s

calorie deficit:
week 2 of 2 of the 10s
weeks 1 & 2 of the 5s
weeks 1 & 2 of 5s + dropsets (doing drop sets to burn more calories than the negatives)

my cutting routine will be:

mwf:
incline bb bench
inner grip weighted pullups
leg press/stiff legged deads (alternating)
crunches

tth:
shoulder press
calf raises
db shrugs
preacher curls
skulls
leg raises

i have seen others do alternating squats and deads. how do you do it? skip weight increments? start at a higher weight?

Jw

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i have seen others do alternating squats and deads. how do you do it? skip weight increments? start at a higher weight?

No, you simply do them in different workouts or days, each exercise would have its own rep max.
butbut.gif

For cutting you don't really do SD, simply switch to higher reps (your choice, I can tell that 15's certainly are good for burning, so, it figures) and re-start the cycle.

Your program should be fine, kinda similar to mine, with the exception that you only do upper body for T/TH.

Go man....and let us konw how you do!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Jan. 12 2006,1:47)]No, you simply do them in different workouts or days, each exercise would have its own rep max.
that can't be right. if you do that then each mini cycle will take twice as long for these exercises.

I may just throw deads on my t/th routine, but i am still interested in how people alternate them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that can't be right. if you do that then each mini cycle will take twice as long for these exercises.
Let's say that you follow the standard 3x a week protocol, but you alternate deads and squats, as Fausto said. Then, over a 2-week period, each one of those exercises (deads and squats) is performed 3 times. Since there will be only 2 increments, you can start with a higher weight, use larger increments, or both (most likely).

Hope this helps,
Dimitris

Back