Hst Routine Critique

amazinglarry104

Hey guys, I'm just looking for some feedback on my first HST routine I put together. I know there are a lot of guys on here who have tons of experience with HST. Some of my weights are low, especially on the couple isolation lifts like lateral raises. Not sure if this is an issue. Also, I wanted to switch shoulder exercises halfway through because heavier lateral raises hurt my shoulder. I like to do the landmine shoulder press because overhead presses agitate a shoulder injury I got a couple years ago. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

IMG]

Welcome to HST, whatever you attached is not showing, well at least on my phone it isn't

edit - works on PC

Last edited:
Personally I would drop the lateral raises and just do landmine shoulder press in all rep blocks

Why are you adding a bicep exercise at the end and not adding a tricep exercise as your tricep is approximately 60% of your upper arm, you may not need to do isolation exercises for the arm as you have already hit them on the main exercises but if you do want to do an isolation exercise then I would recommend that you add one for your tricep, maybe close grip bench.

In respect of calves I tend to train these at loads that suit high reps in the 25 - 50 range.

I would also like to see some deadlifting in there and maybe drop the leg curls.

Other than that it all seems gtg.

Good Luck

Mick

Personally I would drop the lateral raises and just do landmine shoulder press in all rep blocks

Why are you adding a bicep exercise at the end and not adding a tricep exercise as your tricep is approximately 60% of your upper arm, you may not need to do isolation exercises for the arm as you have already hit them on the main exercises but if you do want to do an isolation exercise then I would recommend that you add one for your tricep, maybe close grip bench.

In respect of calves I tend to train these at loads that suit high reps in the 25 - 50 range.

I would also like to see some deadlifting in there and maybe drop the leg curls.

Other than that it all seems gtg.

Good Luck

Mick

Thanks for the input!

I will drop the lateral raises.
I am doing biceps because they are under proportioned and my triceps have always been bigger. I found that they grow fine with compounds, but my biceps don't, which is why I added the extra work there.
I was also initially planning to do deadlifts instead of leg curls, but I was worried it would be too much for my lower back between that and the bent over rows. However if that doesn't seem to be an issue, I would definitely rather do deadlifts.

Fair point re the biceps

You could always replace bent over rows with Pendlay Rows which I did find helped my lower back and I pretty much deadlift 5-7 days a week as well as doing Pendlays

Often you should order your lifts with the biggest / most important lifts and then work towards your less important / accessory, are bent over rows and db press your most important?

Back