Androsterone, Dhea And Pregnenolone

Never used or looked into them, assume you have researched, what do you think from your research?

I am not sure really... I have looked into it some. From what I can find out, they classify it as a steroid (a weaker one) that is supposed to be about 1/7th the strength of testosterone and safe. I am trialing it, but wondered if anyone else had any experience. Maybe now that Bryan is back, he can chime in?

Is Androstone and DHEA the same thing? Dehydroepiandrosterone https://examine.com/supplements/dehydroepiandrosterone/

If so, I think I have taken DHEA, assuming it is what I am thinking it is and its something you can pick up at the supermarket...I noticed no difference.

For Pregnenolone, Wikipedia says it is a "...synthesized from cholesterol. ...Progesterone is the entry into the Δ4 pathway, resulting in production of 17α-hydroxyprogesterone and androstenedione, precursor to testosterone and estrone."

So it seems like both are precursors to testosterone.

Here are my thoughts and take this with a grain of salt since all of my knowledge on this has come from the internet and I have never taken anything that isn't sold off the shelf in your neighborhood supermarket. But basically what I understand is that increasing your testosterone in a small way is basically worthless. Unless you taking a supramaximal dose and/or you are facing some hormonal deficiency don't expect any off the shelf product to have an effect.

Thanks adpowah!
I think the stuff I am trialing, is not off the shelf stuff. It is legal through a loop hole apparently. I am like you in limited knowledge, but the main thing for me was that it was legal and safe.
Since being on it, I have noticed a real difference in energy, workout and overall well being. Maybe it has just corrected deficiencies? Hard to know, but I am giving it a cycle to see and then will get some blood work done to check it out. My initial thoughts on my experience using the stuff are promising.
I have always wanted to push the boundaries, but have never been keen on playing with AAS. I am hoping this is a good alternative for me. When I get my next set of labs done, I believe it will be very clear if this stuff is doing anything. This and I will monitor lean mass gains...

Just watch with DHEA, there's some studies out there showing it raises something.. can't remember, but is not good for prostrate health.

I am taking the following;

Pregnenolone - 50mg every second day
DHEA - 10mg every second day
Natural Progesterone Cream (yes, I know) - about a small teaspoon topically most days
Androsterone - 3mg topically morning and afternoon
Pansterone - 6mg topically morning and afternoon

I take the other normal fat soluble vitamins too and have what I consider a good diet. I don't think I am being stupid and expecting miracles. I am playing with my androgens and hormones a little, sure... Only just a bit to see what happens.

I have had pretty low testosterone for some time (amazing how I managed to gain the muscle that I have) and I also think I have been hypothyroid. Maybe these things are correcting these deficiencies? I feel that it has to be doing something, because my energy and workout strength seems to be booming along at the moment. Whether this results in "gains" or not, I am not sure yet.

Pregnenolone is a precursor to DHEA and all the other sex hormones. DHEA can raise estrogen so you need to be careful and do blood tests if you take any hormones of any kind.

I'm on testosterone replacement (have been for 9 years now). I take Testosterone and Pregnenolone as well as some other stuff. You aren't going to get squat for muscle gains from Pregnenolone or DHEA.

That is why I am taking very low doses of DHEA. I feel that in my case, there have been deficiencies, so I am keen to see how this will translate over my trial.

With testosterone, I was probably eligible to go on it. My Doc was very cautious though and even with my T level being down around 250, he was still scratching his head. In my opinion, if Androsterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone, Pansterone and natural Progesterone all elevate my natural testosterone levels, then it is a win win situation for me and it would have to result in some form of gains.

With testosterone, I have never been keen to jump in this stuff. It would always be my preference to go a more natural route.

It will be a win for sure if you feel better. And you may get some gains. However other genetic factors play a role on muscle mass gains besides testosterone levels. In my case I'm just never going to be overly muscular. It's just not in my genes.

That is why I am taking very low doses of DHEA. I feel that in my case, there have been deficiencies, so I am keen to see how this will translate over my trial.

With testosterone, I was probably eligible to go on it. My Doc was very cautious though and even with my T level being down around 250, he was still scratching his head. In my opinion, if Androsterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone, Pansterone and natural Progesterone all elevate my natural testosterone levels, then it is a win win situation for me and it would have to result in some form of gains.

With testosterone, I have never been keen to jump in this stuff. It would always be my preference to go a more natural route.

There is no "natural" way. Taking test supplementation to bring your levels up to the normal range of 800-1200 ng/dl is about as natural as you can get and certainly the most effective. Talk to an Endochrine doctor.

I am currently trialing these supplements and based on what I have researched, they are considered steroids or prohormones at least. I feel they are having an effect, but need more time.

Back