Deload week officially over... Gym got a deadlift bar so had to try it out

Deadlift
220kg x1
240kg x1@8

Squat
170kg x1
180kg x1
190kg x1 @8.5 (miss groves to shit!)

For those that are squat tekkers savvy.... what’s you opinion on forward knee travel. I feel if I could limit it a bit more it would make depth a bit easier. Feel like I’m ‘squishing’ in the whole making depth more didficult. Especially with the heavier weights...

Failed a lift for the first time ever on depth at the last comp and it’s got me paranoid about it now!
https://instagram.com/p/BjJ0HSOhXnD/

Last edited:
Deload week officially over... Gym got a deadlift bar so had to try it out

Deadlift
220kg x1
240kg x1@8

Squat
170kg x1
180kg x1
190kg x1 @8.5 (miss groves to shit!)

For those that are squat tekkers savvy.... what’s you opinion on forward knee travel. I feel if I could limit it a bit more it would make depth a bit easier. Feel like I’m ‘squishing’ in the whole making depth more didficult. Especially with the heavier weights...

Failed a lift for the first time ever on depth at the last comp and it’s got me paranoid about it now!
https://instagram.com/p/BjJ0HSOhXnD/

Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater ... god I wish I had a deadlift bar ... :(

Re: squats; the best cue I know is to knees and hips together, once the knees go to where you want them to stop, then the rest of the squat is ‘sit back’. Essentially the break outs your knees to where they’ll stay until you’re done with the movement at the roots

Feigenbaum explains this really well in the first Untamed Strength Barbell Medicine seminar that Alan Thrall put up.

Yesterday;

Squats
160 x2
170 x1
180 x1 @7
190 x1 @8

Bench
130 x1
135 x1
140 x1
145 x1 @8
150 x1 @9

Chin ups (BW)
3x6

Nice bench work especially.
Thanks... yeah my bench is usually my strongest lift. Especially when I up the frequency on it.

Probably from years of ‘chest and biceps’ everyday now to get the squat and deadlift to a respectable level

Thanks... yeah my bench is usually my strongest lift. Especially when I up the frequency on it.

Probably from years of ‘chest and biceps’ everyday now to get the squat and deadlift to a respectable level

Amir Fazelli, an Australian worlds competitor (has/had the DL record in his class for a while IIRC) coaches a kid who is probably going to have all the bench records when it’s said and done. Calls him the Pressident. Amir thinks that high frequency and load are required for bench, given how small the muscles involved are.

Amir Fazelli, an Australian worlds competitor (has/had the DL record in his class for a while IIRC) coaches a kid who is probably going to have all the bench records when it’s said and done. Calls him the Pressident. Amir thinks that high frequency and load are required for bench, given how small the muscles involved are.
I would have to agree... when I drop the frequency and stop including heavy singles for a more generic sets of 3-6 @75-85% my bench strength goes down

When I found out it’s ok to bench 3-5 times a week and heavy, the. It improved pretty quickly.

5 hours loading and spotting at a novice powerlifting comp..... feel wrecked! May take a rest day tomorrow..... we’ll see

Thanks... didn’t realise it was 160 till after. Not the ideal jump for a bench movement 30kg but I’ll take it. Once I got it moving it felt ok, probably a RPE 9.75 lol

Do you have back-off volume as wel that you don’t log, or just what is listed here?

Back