Deadlifts
235 x1 @7.5
220 x3 @8
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkMhc6EBCMT/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Used the deadlift bar again, and every time I do things feel heavier. Most likely a skill thing as I dont use it that often, but I find it hard to really get tight in the setup because of the amount of slack in the bar. Also I dont feel I can get as much leg drive from the floor. Just going to stick to the stiff bar from now on.

Finished with some isometric ab stuff

On another note, from tomorrow I think I will go back to squatting in flat shoes. A few times this morning (especially on the back off sets) felt as though I was getting pitched forward.

Thoughts on clean and press?

I think the clean is very food for creating power etc... but I very rarely see people (me included) execute it properly. Most people (again me included) end up trying to row the bar up rather than a jump and catch.

The press IMO is one of the best movements for upper body strength and and shoulder health.

The clean and press as a whole IMO is a great movement but outside olympic lifters, I dont see many people execute the clean well enough

I think the clean is very food for creating power etc... but I very rarely see people (me included) execute it properly. Most people (again me included) end up trying to row the bar up rather than a jump and catch.

The press IMO is one of the best movements for upper body strength and and shoulder health.

The clean and press as a whole IMO is a great movement but outside olympic lifters, I dont see many people execute the clean well enough

Quad gains do you think?

Kinda thinking about playing around with it...

Quad gains do you think?

Kinda thinking about playing around with it...
If you want quad gains i think there are better options. But I would just play around with it and have fun with it.

My view on olympic style lifts is that they are more skill based than strength based, and its fun to try and get them right.

If you want quad gains i think there are better options. But I would just play around with it and have fun with it.

My view on olympic style lifts is that they are more skill based than strength based, and its fun to try and get them right.

Fair.

I want more pressing in my split, and it seems to have a good impact all around. I tend to press a cleaned weight more than from the rack as well. Don’t know why.

Fair.

I want more pressing in my split, and it seems to have a good impact all around. I tend to press a cleaned weight more than from the rack as well. Don’t know why.
I find the same, my theory is that as your body knows how heavy the weight was and the force needed to clean it, you are more 'primed' ready for the press.

Back