2016 Log

Speaking of knee sleeves, do you find they provide any benefit in terms of load? I’ve heard ranges from not discernible <-> 10kgs.

I imagine if you really sized down so they were super tight you might get and extra 10kgs

Tbh I don’t think you get much help from them, Probably more a placebo effect than anything

You can get double ply ones that would probably add a few kgs

I imagine if you really sized down so they were super tight you might get and extra 10kgs

Tbh I don’t think you get much help from them, Probably more a placebo effect than anything

You can get double ply ones that would probably add a few kgs

Sounds like 100% mental re: reasoning to use.

Sounds like 100% mental re: reasoning to use.

They do add a lot of warmth and comfort to my knees when squatting which is the main reason why I use them. If i am struggling with tendinitis they pretty much take the pain away while squatting.

They do add a lot of warmth and comfort to my knees when squatting which is the main reason why I use them. If i am struggling with tendinitis they pretty much take the pain away while squatting.

May have to look into it then.

Presume there are viable options at non-SBD/ST price points?

May have to look into it then.

Presume there are viable options at non-SBD/ST price points?

Yeah I think so. Strength shop do some 7MM neoprene knee sleeves, also Rehband have some 5mm cheaper knee sleeves that would do the job.

Yeah the knee sleeves mostly just warm the area. I use Tommy Kono knee sleeves, think I got them for like $30 USD. They are a bitch to get on and sometimes rip out a bit of leg hair, but my knees feel a lot better when squatting compared to without.

OHP; 5-60kg, 4x7-70kg@8-9.

BB curls; 3x10-40kg.

Haven’t done those in a decade I think? But figured why not...

Last edited:
Yyyyes! That's the spirit! ;D Now just gotta get them DB Kickbacks going and we'll have a full conversion XD

Afraid I’m done for the decade, don’t need to load the curls up to circa 2030ish ...

... still can’t believe people think these build better biceps than chin ups or rows ...

Afraid I’m done for the decade, don’t need to load the curls up to circa 2030ish ...

... still can’t believe people think these build better biceps than chin ups or rows ...
Haha, we need a new research study going, to test how effective the frequency of BB curls once every decade is XD.

Hehe for some people they seem to, I know doing isolation exercises definitely helped me, even when ramping up the weighted chinups (which I'd love to go back to though). But I know what you mean for sure.

Agreed!!

A couple of body builders in my gym ask my what I do for "arms" as they think they are a decent size, and the look on their faces when I reply "Deadlift, bench, Pullups, row" is priceless.

I might thrown in some hammer curls here and there to get some blood flow if I have tendinitis but thats about it

Agreed!!

A couple of body builders in my gym ask my what I do for "arms" as they think they are a decent size, and the look on their faces when I reply "Deadlift, bench, Pullups, row" is priceless.

I might thrown in some hammer curls here and there to get some blood flow if I have tendinitis but thats about it

I like hammer curls for forearm work - I’d do them if I still had my adjustable dumbbells.

For my money, the best arm exercise is a dip variant, even bench dips with plates. People waste time on the biceps for size emphasis...build up the back end.

DL; 5x3-200kg@sub-6. Cardio would have given before strength.

Rows; 3x5-160kg. I’m doing these as cheat rows/Yates-ish. Basically looking about a meter above eye level and holding rigid extension through the spine. Carrying over very nicely to deadlift break, and shoulder girdle is getting some love too.

HBBS: 3-140kg@6, 3-145kg@7, [email protected]. Hard to judge as still getting used to different technique. Feels so good on the knee to have a legit stretch reflex and go properly below parallel again.

Back