Bb Upright Rows! Fan? Not A Fan?

_Simon_

Just curious whether anyone is a fan of doing BB Upright Rows.

I know there are alot of thoughts on it being useless and dangerous, too harmful on the rotator cuff etc, but I actually quite like it. If I grab a wide grip and lean forward at the hips a slight bit it doesn't put that stretch/strain on the rotator cuff, and I keep very controlled, strict, non-jerking form.

I find my medial delts are really pumped up after doing them.

Also, does anyone feel these work the medial delts moreso than say BB Overhead/Military Press (as I think the OH press tends to externally rotate at the shoulder joint to get the anterior delts working more)?

Gonna do a side-delt focused cycle coming up, curious as to your thoughts and whether it's worth using the Upright Row as my main compound lift...

Haha ah fair enough :D. I find that the slight lean forward at the hips helps that and there's no discomfort. I may give it a go again, haven't had any issues with it in the past, but hoping that it's not compounding any unknown damage haha.

Lack of discomfort doesn’t mean the damage isn’t being done at initial stages.

Really regret doing them, right shoulder just doesn’t play ball anymore after years of it.

Lack of discomfort doesn’t mean the damage isn’t being done at initial stages.

Really regret doing them, right shoulder just doesn’t play ball anymore after years of it.
Ah that is a good point.. and wow didn't realise they did you damage. Just unsure if they are indeed harmful for everyone all the time. All sorts of sources say different things... If anything I won't go super heavy with them, but hmmm I guess there is still the possibility of wear and tear...

Back