Im back.... Last time I checked this forum it was buggy as hell so stayed away. Thought id check back in to see how everyone is doing during this lockdown

Luckily I have got myself some weights and managing to train.

Since I was last here, managed

Squat 250kg (wraps) 235kg (Sleeves)
Bench - finally hit the 180kg bench, the day before our lockdown started - https://www.instagram.com/p/B996f9LAU25/
Deadlift - 285 kg - https://www.instagram.com/p/B45OtEEgQ5q/

Dabbled in some coaching. A friend of mine gave me some conjugate coaching, but conjugate made me go backwards big time. and took me a while to catch back up. Also had another PL friend of mine coach me for a few months last year and that was succesfull, but now self coached again. Running RTS style Emerging Strategies approach, next block I will be looking at experimenting with a kind of Emerging strategies/bulgarian hybrid approach. I love the way ES enables you too track progress and enables you to really dial in to see what is working

My basic current training setup up at the moment is focusing on some work capacity and hypertrophy;

Day 1
Comp Squat
x6 @6
x6 @7
x6@8
-10% x6x2

Comp Bench
X5@9
-7% x5x3

Zercher Squat x10x3
Triceps x15x3

Day 2
Comp Deadlift
x1@7
-10% x1x10

Snatch Grip RDL
x8x3 @8

Pendlay Row x10x3

Overhead Press x6x4 @7

Day 3
High Bar squat
x8@6
x8@7
x8@8
-10% x8x2

Feet up bench
x8 @6
x8@7
x8x2 @8

Triceps
x15x3

Single Leg Zercher Squats
x8x3 @7

Day 4
2ct Pause Sumo
x3@7
-15% x4x4

CGBP
x6 @6
x6@7
x6x2@8

Rows
x12x3
Biceps
x15x3

Im back.... Last time I checked this forum it was buggy as hell so stayed away. Thought id check back in to see how everyone is doing during this lockdown

Luckily I have got myself some weights and managing to train.

Since I was last here, managed

Squat 250kg (wraps) 235kg (Sleeves)
Bench - finally hit the 180kg bench, the day before our lockdown started - https://www.instagram.com/p/B996f9LAU25/
Deadlift - 285 kg - https://www.instagram.com/p/B45OtEEgQ5q/

Dabbled in some coaching. A friend of mine gave me some conjugate coaching, but conjugate made me go backwards big time. and took me a while to catch back up. Also had another PL friend of mine coach me for a few months last year and that was succesfull, but now self coached again. Running RTS style Emerging Strategies approach, next block I will be looking at experimenting with a kind of Emerging strategies/bulgarian hybrid approach. I love the way ES enables you too track progress and enables you to really dial in to see what is working

My basic current training setup up at the moment is focusing on some work capacity and hypertrophy;

Day 1
Comp Squat
x6 @6
x6 @7
x6@8
-10% x6x2

Comp Bench
X5@9
-7% x5x3

Zercher Squat x10x3
Triceps x15x3

Day 2
Comp Deadlift
x1@7
-10% x1x10

Snatch Grip RDL
x8x3 @8

Pendlay Row x10x3

Overhead Press x6x4 @7

Day 3
High Bar squat
x8@6
x8@7
x8@8
-10% x8x2

Feet up bench
x8 @6
x8@7
x8x2 @8

Triceps
x15x3

Single Leg Zercher Squats
x8x3 @7

Day 4
2ct Pause Sumo
x3@7
-15% x4x4

CGBP
x6 @6
x6@7
x6x2@8

Rows
x12x3
Biceps
x15x3

Hey man! Great to hear from ya! Has been ages... yeah I'm still around checking the forums haha.

Yeah all's well here, still in stage 3 restrictions here in Aus. Such a bizarre time huh... how are you guys holding up?

Have just been home alot obviously, I'm a homebod anyway so I've actually been really enjoying this time. Training more than ever which is good. Just finishing up a HST cycle now which went well, and no real injuries at all just knee been playing up. Gonna have my SD, but really been delving much more into my martial arts training. Gonna try a DUP type setup next cycle just for fun, and to see what happens really.

Whoa awesome numbers, especially bench!!! Well done mate

Hope you're all doin well, stay safe

Hey man! Great to hear from ya! Has been ages... yeah I'm still around checking the forums haha.

Yeah all's well here, still in stage 3 restrictions here in Aus. Such a bizarre time huh... how are you guys holding up?

Have just been home alot obviously, I'm a homebod anyway so I've actually been really enjoying this time. Training more than ever which is good. Just finishing up a HST cycle now which went well, and no real injuries at all just knee been playing up. Gonna have my SD, but really been delving much more into my martial arts training. Gonna try a DUP type setup next cycle just for fun, and to see what happens really.

Whoa awesome numbers, especially bench!!! Well done mate

Hope you're all doin well, stay safe

We are on full lockdown in the UK. So at home 247

Luckily i got my hands on some kit from out gym just before the lockdown and bought a cheap rack so at least I can train

Yeah thanks man, the 180 bench was a lofetime goal and a long time coming

Are you able to elaborate some more on the Zercher’s?

had trouble accessing your IG for some reason (shrug blah blah)

Are you able to elaborate some more on the Zercher’s?

had trouble accessing your IG for some reason (shrug blah blah)
Single leg https://www.instagram.com/p/B_pi5sagGSM/?igshid=1215dleysd4rw

Find it really helps stability in the lower body and really hammers the quads

Elevated heel https://www.instagram.com/p/B_h3I6bAO0m/?igshid=1o7co1t3d7l0r

Can really focus on getting a stacked pelvis/ribcage. Can also really feel my abs/obliques engaging to create a solid brace. Abs are always sore after these when i really focus on drawing the rib cage down

The elevated heel and close stance really focuses in on the quads in the absence of any hack squat or leg press machine

Hope you're well man. Been a long time

Single leg https://www.instagram.com/p/B_pi5sagGSM/?igshid=1215dleysd4rw

Find it really helps stability in the lower body and really hammers the quads

Elevated heel https://www.instagram.com/p/B_h3I6bAO0m/?igshid=1o7co1t3d7l0r

Can really focus on getting a stacked pelvis/ribcage. Can also really feel my abs/obliques engaging to create a solid brace. Abs are always sore after these when i really focus on drawing the rib cage down

The elevated heel and close stance really focuses in on the quads in the absence of any hack squat or leg press machine

Hope you're well man. Been a long time

Doing ok mate, same to you and yours. 2020 has not impressed me so far though, it’s fair to say. Between half my country burning for three months and then some idiots up North not understanding that you’re meant to trap, keep, trade or eat bats ... I rather feel we’re due for a mulligan.

Been running a slow-cut for about 8 weeks, with a few breaks, doing about 5-6kg. Strength impacted accordingly (started too quickly). Another 12 or so to go overall.

Bought a reverse hyper though :D

Doing ok mate, same to you and yours. 2020 has not impressed me so far though, it’s fair to say. Between half my country burning for three months and then some idiots up North not understanding that you’re meant to trap, keep, trade or eat bats ... I rather feel we’re due for a mulligan.

Been running a slow-cut for about 8 weeks, with a few breaks, doing about 5-6kg. Strength impacted accordingly (started too quickly). Another 12 or so to go overall.

Bought a reverse hyper though :D

Yeah agreed mate! Saw the fires on the news, that looked scary and awfull

2020 just flat out sucks! And trying to keep a 2 and 4 year old entertained during lockdown is near on impossible

Never really used reverse hypers consistently for any period of time to determine if they have any positive effect on me or my training

I have found doing more single leg and ispilateral stuff has really helped both overall stability, reduced the amount of nigles i get and carryed over well to squat and deadlift

Yeah agreed mate! Saw the fires on the news, that looked scary and awfull

2020 just flat out sucks! And trying to keep a 2 and 4 year old entertained during lockdown is near on impossible

Never really used reverse hypers consistently for any period of time to determine if they have any positive effect on me or my training

I have found doing more single leg and ispilateral stuff has really helped both overall stability, reduced the amount of nigles i get and carryed over well to squat and deadlift

I like it a lot, though for home gym purposes the pendulum has a lot of extra use too; leg extensions, standing leg curls, rowing and some pressing.

I think the actual movement itself is pretty useless for hammies though. Lower back and glutes.

Todays session

Comp squat
160 x6
170 x6@7
180 x6 @8.5 - think this may actually be a 6 rep PR as i havent done 6s for a while before thia block. A bit of a messy set but, well, meh
160 x6x2@6-7

Comp bench
140 x5 @9.5 - benching on a wooden garde bench is sh*te but at least I can bench I suppose
120 x5x3 @6

Close Stance, elevated heel zercher squats
80 x8x3 @7

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_xESEygHta/?igshid=1nvcdzx3shnae

High Bar Squats
Top set 160 x8 which is an 8 rep PR. More becuase 8 reps and high bar is something I have done very little of over the past few years but got to take the small wins where you can

Feet up bench
120 x8 top set

Single leg Goblet Squat with elevated front foot. Was not expecting these to be so hard

Looks a lot like Cailer Woolam’s ‘wide stance conventional’-“sumo”.

how does it run with lower hips?

Looks a lot like Cailer Woolam’s ‘wide stance conventional’-“sumo”.

how does it run with lower hips?

I'm basically at the end of my ROM/Mobility. been working on that aspect last 5 weeks, tyring to focus on hips closer to the bar, rather than lower, If I start with the hips lower they just rise early anyway before the weight breaks the floor

Back