How Are We All Doin?

Hey still out here, noticed the forum REALLY slow lately, not even any updates to Browners power log ...
So far, all safe here, still training.. still come here and look for new posts...
Hope your well too Simon

Hey! Yeah been very slow! Also still checking haha. Still training here, moreso than ever before haha. Things have gotten pretty bad in our state so we've been put back into pretty heavy lockdown which is understandable.. I keep getting sick so had to be tested twice already for Covid.. first came back negative, just waiting for this times's result.

Forget to tell you I tried that super slow training for a bit, just with two exercises... BRUTAL haha. Started with 5s positive/5s negative, that hurt but was bearable. 10s/5s was just utterly ridiculous, and just so darn painful haha. Was shooting for 2 sets of 10 reps but dang, couldn't do that for long. But 5/5 was great.

Doing heaps of online training for karate, has been incredible, training with people from all around the world, just insane.

Great to hear you're well, thank you

oh wow so COVID is really bad where your at eh? Hope you are ok and don't get super sick, keep us posted!
I tried superslow 10/5 a few times many years ago, it's just so much torture and doesn't seem to have any benefits over normal speed, unless I guess a person has an injury then it's 'nicer' to the joints with the light loads.
Hope you feel better soon!

oh wow so COVID is really bad where your at eh? Hope you are ok and don't get super sick, keep us posted!
I tried superslow 10/5 a few times many years ago, it's just so much torture and doesn't seem to have any benefits over normal speed, unless I guess a person has an injury then it's 'nicer' to the joints with the light loads.
Hope you feel better soon!

Ah thanks heaps, yeah weve definitely entered a second wave. There were massive outbreaks and the daily number of new cases was rising quickly, reached a height of 725 in a single day or so, so we had to put the metro/city into full lockdown, stage 4 restrictions and with a curfew too.

Regional areas where I am are in stage 3 lockdown, which is essentially no leaving the house except for essential reasons (shops, giving care/medical reasons, exercise and work), plus the added mandatory mask wearing whenever out which wasn't a feature of the first wave.

Many deaths each day happening, so just staying locked in at the moment. New daily cases are dwindling but are still over 100 each day.

YES super slow really was torture haha, 5/5 I can handle but slower than that was utterly ridiculous... currently doing a relaxed 2 day a week cycle. Heavy one day, and other day working full body but totally intuitive, quite fun. Trying new exercises and experimenting.

Take care

Oh wow it sounds bad there, where are you at?

Yes 10 seconds is way too long agree, way too slow, it's like not even moving.
your routine sounds good!

Oh wow it sounds bad there, where are you at?

Yes 10 seconds is way too long agree, way too slow, it's like not even moving.
your routine sounds good!

In Victoria, Australia. The rest of Aus is doing pretty okay, but our state is bonkers right now haha..

It's alot of fun, and I think really healthy to take a break from strict organised training every now and then.

Boosts motivation with the exploration; intuitive training may not be the most scientific nor effective, but to me it's about really honing in and listening to your body, and doing things on the fly, trying new exercises, techniques and just what you feel the body needs in the moment.

oh wow hope your area gets the numbers down !

true, sometimes it's fun just to lift for 'fun', good mental break

In Victoria, Australia. The rest of Aus is doing pretty okay, but our state is bonkers right now haha..

It's alot of fun, and I think really healthy to take a break from strict organised training every now and then.

Boosts motivation with the exploration; intuitive training may not be the most scientific nor effective, but to me it's about really honing in and listening to your body, and doing things on the fly, trying new exercises, techniques and just what you feel the body needs in the moment.

Stage 4 is horrific.

My family is fortunate in a lot of ways, and we’re grateful for that, but being in Stage 4 makes you question whether the cure or disease will end up destroying more lives when it’s all said and done.

Stage 4 is horrific.

My family is fortunate in a lot of ways, and we’re grateful for that, but being in Stage 4 makes you question whether the cure or disease will end up destroying more lives when it’s all said and done.

Yeah for sure... glad to hear you guys are okay.

Yeah it's such a difficult thing and something we've never faced... and there's always gonna be a tradeoff. Way I see it is the alternative (having no lockdowns) the consequences would be horrendous... but absolutely I know what you mean. The damage is huge.

I'm a homebody anyway so even though I've had my struggles, I've been mostly okay at home. Others would be not so okay... and everyone's handling this differently. Left my job in February and then all this happened, so I've just been at home. Bit hard to find work!

All good here @_Simon_ Havent been on here for a while as it just seemed like it had all gone very quiet on here.

I'm back at work, but only 2 days a week. The business for the company I work for has pretty much dried up, so not looking to promising for when furlough ends that I'll still have a job.

I have my thoughts on the whole " Pandemic" but probably not the best place to air them here, as I appreciate everyone has their own views on it etc...

Training is going ok, I'm lucky that my gym is more of a small powerlifting club rather than a commercial gym so there aren't any of the restrictions you get in some mainstream commercial gyms. Have a comp planned for end of January, but we'll just have to see what happens with the whole COVID thing as to whether or not that goes ahead.

All good here @_Simon_ Havent been on here for a while as it just seemed like it had all gone very quiet on here.

I'm back at work, but only 2 days a week. The business for the company I work for has pretty much dried up, so not looking to promising for when furlough ends that I'll still have a job.

I have my thoughts on the whole " Pandemic" but probably not the best place to air them here, as I appreciate everyone has their own views on it etc...

Training is going ok, I'm lucky that my gym is more of a small powerlifting club rather than a commercial gym so there aren't any of the restrictions you get in some mainstream commercial gyms. Have a comp planned for end of January, but we'll just have to see what happens with the whole COVID thing as to whether or not that goes ahead.

Great to hear from you Chris, and that you're well. Yeah work is a tricky one.. and who knows what businesses will survive come out of it.

Appreciate that.. yeah everyone has different views on it, and I've really struggled with alot of them, but it's a learning process for me to still be kind even though we disagree.

Oh cool, hopefully the comp still goes ahead, keep us posted if you'd like :)

@_Simon_!

I’ve lurked a bit lately and love seeing everyone’s updates. Seeing @Browner’s daughter training on YouTube was incredible!

I’m training sporadically these days. Weekly—yes, but my pattern has been largely weekends. I started a new job in late December and inherited a team from India, stealing my morning training time. By the time my workday ends, I’m spent.

Dunno - tomorrow I’m aiming to hit the gym and start my day a little later than normal. We’ll see.

I hope all you lads are well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@_Simon_!

I’ve lurked a bit lately and love seeing everyone’s updates. Seeing @Browner’s daughter training on YouTube was incredible!

I’m training sporadically these days. Weekly—yes, but my pattern has been largely weekends. I started a new job in late December and inherited a team from India, stealing my morning training time. By the time my workday ends, I’m spent.

Dunno - tomorrow I’m aiming to hit the gym and start my day a little later than normal. We’ll see.

I hope all you lads are well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah g'day @_tim ! Great to hear from ya mate!

Oh congrats on the new job! Have been unemployed for a year now, so that's been interesting! Still training heaps, but moreso martial arts stuff, weights twice a week and exploring lots of different stuff there.

Great to hear you're still training! I loved seeing all the different stuff you were doing!

Yeah there's a little activity here and there on this forum but not a great deal, comes in waves I think haha.

Hope you're well in these crazy times, take care and stay safe :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back