my old routine

Joe.Muscle

Just wanted to post my old routine for the newbies to look at. Maybe they can see were I made huge mistakes a learn from my mistakes. Take a look I was way overtraining.

Monday

Chest and triceps

flat bench dumbell press 6 sets of 6-8 reps with 2 drops sets at end of 6th set

Incline bench 6 sets of 6-8 reps with 2 drop sets

Flys 5 sets of 10 to 12 reps.

Total of about 21 sets

Triceps 8 sets of skull crushers

8 sets of dumbell extentions behind head for total 16 sets

Tuesday Back and bi's

Lat pull down 8 sets

Rows 8 sets total 16 sets for back

barbell curls 8 sets

cable curls 8 sets...total 16 sets for arms 16 for back 32 totals sets.

Wednesday Shoulders and abs

Shoulder press 8 sets

side raises 8 sets

upright rows 5 sets

abs 12 sets

and that is what I did everyweek for 3 years....no leg training and way way overtraining.

The bad part is I was extremely disciplined with protein and food intake and never missed a workout...so I had the hear and determination but not a clue of overtraining.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The bad part is I was extremely disciplined with protein and food intake and never missed a workout...so I had the hear and determination but not a clue of overtraining.

Correction....
bad part = no HST knowledge

Discipline + hard work = good part

Also I am sure gains stopped somewhere, but now knowledge is there, plus you know where you are going and how much you will be lifting by the 8th week.

Much better karma, I'd say
butbut.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good for you mate! Good for you!
thumbs-up.gif

It is interesting that if you take a look back at your previous (pre-HST) years of training and try to remember when you made your best gains, you will find out that this happened when using HST principles, even if you were not aware of it at the time. Just think about it. Was it frequency, or maybe load progression... ? Does that ring any bells?

Happy HST lifting,
Dimitris

You are right!!!

you know I was seriously overtraining back then...and I was more bulky...not as lean or defined as HSt has made me neither.

Back