what gym do you belong to?

• Thread starter imported_ephman
  • Start date
I go to the gym at the local community centre... not the greatest, but I get in free since I work at the pool there. They have enough freeweights, which is most of what I use, and they have some excellent new leg ext/curl machines, so I have no reason to leave. Mind you there's a lot of local teenagers (me included :p) there, especially after school hours, but now that I'm out of school and go during the day, it's great. And there were only 3 other serious bodybuilders, 2 of whom have left for bigger and better gyms, so the power rack is always free :D.

It's in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, btw. I doubt anyone but Dave knows where that is. (Toronto suburbs)

hey,

i started this thread and know where it is... go leafs go!!!

TO born and raised.

thanks for the bandwidth,
ephman

I GO TO 24 HOUR FITNESS HERE IN CALI. I LIKE ITFOR OU HAVE ACCESS 24 HOURS A DAY. WITH MY SCHEDULE IT MAKES IT A WHOLE LOT BETTER IN GETTING IN MY WORKOUTS...PEACE. PL

I go to a relatively small gym owned by Boris (the guy on HST adverts
worship.gif
).
It has no power rack but is comparably cheap and gets the job done. There are some pretty nice guy working out there.

My gym is at my house, in my garage. I built my own power rack/cage several years ago. Also have a leg press, "hex" dumbbells up to 100lbs, and over 1400 lbs in free weights.

I train at home because there are no gyms close by, that, and I hate crowded gyms where you have to wait on other people. I once went to a gym that is near my wife's workplace and believe it or not, there were these three little sissies in the power rack doing barbell curls with 70lbs!!! IN the power rack!!! I then told them to get out of the rack, loaded the bar with 585lbs and proceeded to do my squats. These guys just stood there stared at me.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. I prefer to workout at home with my nephew and my own equipment.

Good luck in your training!
Ron

I go to my University gym. It's new and pretty dang big. Only thing is there's no ab machines, but that's not a big deal. Dumbells come in increments of 2.5 up to 45lbs, and there's plenty of benches.

I just realize when I said that DBs come in increments of 2.5 up to 45lb, it sounded like the biggest DBs were 45lbs. They then come in increments of 5lbs up to 100lbs and then 10lbs in after that.
Heh, all this just because I wanted to say how I like the small increment :D

Stupid me, I also forgot to mention where I actually workout. University of Saskatchewan gym.

I had try some good gym since I'had started to train. But for now, I train at a tiny little gym at Pierre-Cahrbonneau Center at Montreal. It's cheap and just beside my job.

I have my own Garage Gym, which is approx. 3x8m

kitted out with a highly modified York 3000 base unit; complete with added "gun" rack. Beefy bar, E-Z combo bar, welded DB's & wall mounted dip bars

I've also got some old lifting chains and a set of adjustable homemade farmers' walk dumbells.

Most of my stuff is customised eg lowered bench, squat-box, FW 'bells, tri-ropes, close grip rowing attachements etc

Oh and more 8kg disks than I could ever hope to lift!!!

I've just completed a bolt together squat cage, with safety bars, 2 sets of adjustable hooks (approx. 20 diff. levels) and a chinning bar - all drawn & made in about 4 days flat, for only £26...

Price of the weights? 300Diax15thkx30no. (S355jr) around 24 cans of beer - it's great working at a steel fabricaters'

I work out in my high schools weight room right now. Can't wait for the YMCA to finish building in my town! Pretty basic place but it seems to work. Heres what we have:

3 Squat Racks
3 Benches
2 Incline Benches
2 Deadlift/Powerclean Platforms
2 Leg Extension/Curl Machine
2 Dip Bars
1 Preacher Curl Bench
1 Universal Machine from 1962(Ghetto Style! Some of my friends dad's used this thing when they went to our high school!!!!)
Dumbells from 5-100

I train at Kalmar Fitness Center in Kalmar, Sweden. It's a really nice gym that offers a wide range of equipment. I'll post some pictures later on.

Well I train at the Powerhouse Gym in Salisbury MD.

I like it, lots of room, free weights, plus every machine you could ever need.

Alz Gym,Royton,Lancs
Rochdale police station gym
Belly's gym(my boiler room)
The above in size order,biggest first.

Hey belly, no way, I live oop north too! Are you in the Rochdale Police force? My dad used to be in the Rochdale Police Force. Until he moved to Australia 30-odd years ago, anyway. Such a small world, never ceases to amaze me... But anyway, I'm an Aussie living in the UK, gone back to my roots...

btw, my gym is California Fitness in Manchester. Dunno why it's called California Fitness. The owner certainly isn't Californian. It's a good gym, fairly "street", minimal posers, I like it!

Back