Who's going to the Arnold Classic this year?

The Arnold Classic is in Columbus, Ohio

My routine...well, these days it's not much different from the standard HST setup, but I do extra workouts of chest and back, so it looks kinda like this:

Day 1:
Squats
Leg curl
One-leg calf raises in leg press machine
30deg incline flyes followed by
Incline bench press
Flat flyes followed by
Dips
Chins
Yates Rows
Incline lying side raises
Incline bicep curls
Incline tricep extensions

day 2:
Incline bench press
Flat flyes followed by
Dips
Chins
Yates Rows

day 3:
same as day 1

For my contest prep, I used the UD2.0.

another picture (bad timing, had relaxed my leg):

Well, looks like I'll be going after all. The ISSN invited me to speak at a seminar they are sponsoring with StrengthPro Inc.

Its the Arnold Classic Strength Training Summit held on March 4th and 5th at the convention center. I'll be speaking Friday on sports nutrition at 4:eek:o PM. Hope to see you there.

For more info:
http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.org/site/index.php
http://www.strengthpro.com/asts/asts.htm

P.S. Blade, great pics man
thumbs-up.gif

Doggone Bryan. If I had known you were going I would have made up a trip to visit a company I am a part owner in in Cleveland and popped over to Columbus which is only about 2 hours away. However, I have now purchased tickets to a Toby Keith concert at the Mohegan Sun for the 4th. If I cancelled that, my wife would cripple me.
blush.gif
Maybe next year. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blade @ Jan. 20 2005,9:53)]The Arnold Classic is in Columbus, Ohio
My routine...well, these days it's not much different from the standard HST setup, but I do extra workouts of chest and back, so it looks kinda like this:
Day 1:
Squats
Leg curl
One-leg calf raises in leg press machine
Incline bench press
Flat flyes followed by
Dips
Chins
Yates Rows
Incline lying side raises
Incline bicep curls
Incline tricep extensions
day 2:
Incline bench press
Flat flyes followed by
Dips
Chins
Yates Rows
day 3:
same as day 1
For my contest prep, I used the UD2.0.
another picture (bad timing, had relaxed my leg):
Looking good Blade.

Do you repeat loads on day 1 and day 2 for chest and back??

Zaf

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Feb. 05 2005,12:45)]Well, looks like I'll be going after all. The ISSN invited me to speak at a seminar they are sponsoring with StrengthPro Inc.
Its the Arnold Classic Strength Training Summit held on March 4th and 5th at the convention center. I'll be speaking Friday on sports nutrition at 4:eek:o PM. Hope to see you there.
For more info:
thumbs-up.gif
Good to know, I'll probably see you on Saturday since we arrive too late on Friday to get to the convention center.

Zaf: Yes, I generally repeat loads on day 1 and 2.

Lance: thank you, I appreciate the kind words - I've been busting my @$$ to bring up the pecs...err busting my pecs to bring up my pecs is probably more correct. :D

I'm planning on leaving Michigan Friday, and catching the expo for awhile then heading back to my hotel for the night. Saturday I'm going for the Men's Finals, and the expos.... Look forward to seeing any of you guys there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Feb. 04 2005,6:45)]Well, looks like I'll be going after all. The ISSN invited me to speak at a seminar they are sponsoring with StrengthPro Inc.
For more info:
thumbs-up.gif
When I saw this {I wish I could go. The budget is just a little too tight this year.}, I was a bit upset since I just registered for the seminars today and you're on the agenda!  
Looking forward to seeing you there.  
worship.gif

Ok, so everything that could go wrong, went wrong. We were supposed to be in Columbus on Thursday the 3rd. The flight plan was Trondheim-Amsterdam-Detroit-Columbus. When we got to the airport, it turned out that Amsterdam was closed due to weather conditions (snow), but we would be rerouted via Oslo and Paris. So, we went to Oslo, and as soon as we landed, the airport was closed down because of extreme fog and zero visibility as well as a faulty main radar station. After a few hours wait, planes were allowed to take off, but now Paris was closed due to snow. We would be flown to Brussels, then go by bus (!) - a 4hr ride - to Paris. When we got to Brussels, our luggage was lost (there were 7 of us), and since Paris was still closed, going there would be pointless. There were no flights going to the US (Washington DC) until noon the next day, so we had to spend the night at a hotel in Brussels - without luggage. We finally arrived in Columbus on Friday late in the evening, to the worst hotel I've ever seen, without luggage, having missed all the good seminars on Friday. We got the Arnold on Saturday morning, but I was told that noone had seen Bryan, so I tried leaving him a message at the Strength Summit information desk. Ran into Jose Antonio later, who told me Bryan had most likely went home already.

The Arnold Expo was a complete freak show, the Arnold Classic pretty good, except that the seats were way back in the upper balcony, so we couldn't really see anything if it wasn't for the big screens on both sides of the stage.

We got our luggage on Sunday morning, just a few hours before leaving Columbus for New York... On our return to Norway, one flight was delayed 4hrs, one flight was cancelled, and we almost missed two flights because all the rerouting was in conflict with our original tickets, and they wouldn't let us on the plane at first.

Someone will need to give me a very good reason to go next year...
crazy.gif

Awwwww man!!!! Your not kidding about everything going wrong. It's hard not to loose your patience, especially when your going somewhere to have a good time.

Well no wonder I couldn't find you.
wow.gif
I hate flying as it is, but you're experience tops the cake of bad flights.

It's hard to give a good reason to go next year. Even for vendors the expense is often hard to justify. I know personally of some companies that spent well over $250,000 to go. To me that's hard to justify.

Anyway, I would've liked to have gone to the show but it wasn't in the cards this time.

dang, wish i woulda seen this thread earlier. woulda loved to meet ya blade

i was there on friday... nothing better than free protein, strongman competition, and hitting on the fitness babes (one of them wanted me to get her saturday and go out saturday night, but i never came back)

Back